Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

One petty thing that annoys me beyond comprehension is when ur walking somewhere busy and the person in front of you suddenly stops - i want to kill them. Worst at supermarkets, someone will stop and look for bout 10 minutes at onions - just pick an onion!

Job applications.

I've recently applied for junior medical jobs in Sscotland and England. Both had 'equal opportunities monitoring' forms (you know the kind of thing - are you a burd or a bloke? do you like men, or laydeez, or both? are you pink, or brown, or somewhere in between - etc.)

All of these forms were a. optional and b. had a 'it's none of your fecking business' option.

I've just started to fill in an application for Norn Ireland.

The very first form I was directed to was their version of the above mentioned form. Whilst they're not bothered about whether I like blokes, or laydeez, or both, or whether I was originally born a bloke and have subsequently had my bit rearranged, thay have asked me, and I quote:

Please select which one of the following statements reflects you:

I am a member of the Protestant community

I am a member of the Roman Catholic community

I am a member of neither the Protestant nor Roman Catholic communities.

Fuxake. In other words, are you a huuun or a tiiiim?

In 2009.

Nice.

Meh. It's not allowing me to edit my post, apologies for the multiple typos.

The reason that I was quite so raging was a. there wasn't a 'feck off, it's none of your business' option, and b. we were informed that if we didn't fill in the equal opportunities monitoring form our applications 'may' (for which read 'will') not be considered.

New Zealand is looking more attractive by the day...

My car has been classed as a total loss by my insurance company and instead of sending my finance company the cheque they have sent it to me,I still have to pay the car until my gap has kicked in so it could cost me another months payment.

I could of course just keep the money and sod the finance company :lol:

Our new neighbours arrived home at half one this morning and proceeded to have a party, interspersed with arguments, "he a fukin wanka a total fuckin wanka". Thankfully it didn't wake the baby.

I also have a cold and feel crappy.

Our new neighbours arrived home at half one this morning and proceeded to have a party, interspersed with arguments, "he a fukin wanka a total fuckin wanka". Thankfully it didn't wake the baby.

My neighbours are fond of similar behaviour, usually after OF or Champions League games.

The last occasion featured an impressive range of rebel songs, couples tearing strips off each other and loud and repeated racial abuse. I've no idea who the latter was aimed at.

Lovely folk.

My neighbours are fond of similar behaviour, usually after OF or Champions League games.

The last occasion featured an impressive range of rebel songs, couples tearing strips off each other and loud and repeated racial abuse. I've no idea who the latter was aimed at.

Lovely folk.

I used to have a nightmare neighbour at a previous flat and it was a nightnare until one night my wife and i snapped and sorted it out once and for all

I used to have a nightmare neighbour at a previous flat and it was a nightnare until one night my wife and i snapped and sorted it out once and for all

I once told a downstairs neighbour that I'd walk into his house and confiscate his stereo if he didn't play it at a normal level.

Done the trick until we moved.

British Transport Police / Scotrail - I think I'll be giving long away days on the train a miss in future if you're not allowed a couple of beers-we did have a couple of bottles of "juice" but that's not the point. It's not about getting smashed before (or even after) the game, it's being treated like irresponsible boors because you are a football fan.

Sadly, I think this is the way that policing of Scottish football is going to go. :(

Oh, and the total inconsistency of PTFC. If they could tell us in advance whether good PTFC or shit PTFC are going to turn up it would save a lot of hassle and money.

British Transport Police / Scotrail - I think I'll be giving long away days on the train a miss in future if you're not allowed a couple of beers-we did have a couple of bottles of "juice" but that's not the point. It's not about getting smashed before (or even after) the game, it's being treated like irresponsible boors because you are a football fan.

Sadly, I think this is the way that policing of Scottish football is going to go. :(

Oh, and the total inconsistency of PTFC. If they could tell us in advance whether good PTFC or shit PTFC are going to turn up it would save a lot of hassle and money.

Spoke to a few Partick fans in Inverness who were waiting to get the 8.15 train where as we were getting the Megabus back down to Glasgow. They said the police were really sound about it and let them drink on the train aslong as it was all left on the train.

Spoke to a few Partick fans in Inverness who were waiting to get the 8.15 train where as we were getting the Megabus back down to Glasgow. They said the police were really sound about it and let them drink on the train aslong as it was all left on the train.

They were quite sound about it on the way up, as the trolley dolly didn't know it was a "dry" train and was selling booze from the cart. I don't recall any police on the train until Aviemore either.

On the way back down, despite the fact that the 18.43 was not supposed to be dry as it was heading to Edinburgh (Glasgow passengers changed at Perth), the police were confiscating booze on the way on, although again once you were on, the on-train staff weren't too bad I believe although me and my mates were so pissed off with the game we weren't in the mood really and didn't bring anything on other than scran and soft drinks.

It's more the fact that these trains are being made "dry" and that the majority are being made to suffer once again for the sins of the minority that bugs me. There was a crowd of less than 2000 at that game, hardly a powderkeg fixture.

Kudos for getting the Megabus though, in my experience the double decker one is only marginally more comfortable than being tied to the back of the bus and dragged along the road.

What did you do?

I went up the his flat and asked him to turn it down and he started to mouth of at me,My wife who was in bed heard hin and put some clothes on(Thank god) :P and came up,He then made a movement towards her so i grabbed him by throat and pinned him against his wall :ph34r

I then ushered him downstairs to our flat to let him listen to the pish we had to put up with 24/7 and apart from 1 other incident in the time we stayed there it was ok.It also turned out some of his mates were in his flat but they were to scared to come out of his livingroom to help him when his little legs were dangling off the ground :lol::lol:

They were quite sound about it on the way up, as the trolley dolly didn't know it was a "dry" train and was selling booze from the cart. I don't recall any police on the train until Aviemore either.

On the way back down, despite the fact that the 18.43 was not supposed to be dry as it was heading to Edinburgh (Glasgow passengers changed at Perth), the police were confiscating booze on the way on, although again once you were on, the on-train staff weren't too bad I believe although me and my mates were so pissed off with the game we weren't in the mood really and didn't bring anything on other than scran and soft drinks.

It's more the fact that these trains are being made "dry" and that the majority are being made to suffer once again for the sins of the minority that bugs me. There was a crowd of less than 2000 at that game, hardly a powderkeg fixture.

Kudos for getting the Megabus though, in my experience the double decker one is only marginally more comfortable than being tied to the back of the bus and dragged along the road.

Aye quite right. Good crowd by you lot today though.

Yeah well it was the only option back really as the train is far too expensive unless you go in a 4 friend groupsave but there was only 2 of us. Front seats on the top of the double decker. :)

I went up the his flat and asked him to turn it down and he started to mouth of at me,My wife who was in bed heard hin and put some clothes on(Thank god) :P and came up,He then made a movement towards her so i grabbed him by throat and pinned him against his wall :ph34r

I then ushered him downstairs to our flat to let him listen to the pish we had to put up with 24/7 and apart from 1 other incident in the time we stayed there it was ok.It also turned out some of his mates were in his flat but they were to scared to come out of his livingroom to help him when his little legs were dangling off the ground :lol::lol:

:lol:

Good on you.