The Cricket Thread

bewlay

29 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

Seen this advertised for Tuesday, is anyone confident for a Scotland win in this one?

20240531_193219.jpg

No, but I wouldn’t rule it out. England should win comfortably, but they’re under big pressure to perform after the shambles at the 50 over WC last year, so you never know. 

Think we'd have a better chance in a 50 over game because there's always the possibility to put them in and roll them, then you have all day to knock off the runs, but I think their T20 squad has far too many boundary hitters for us to live with them, and there isn't a lot of bite in the Scots bowling attack once Sole is out of the way.

On 30/05/2024 at 14:13, PB1994 said:

Series 3, only 3 episodes, of the test is on Amazon now. Focusing on the ashes last year. Always find these really enjoyable.

Watched this, think I would go with 

Good guys : Marsh, Khawaja, Smith, Head

Wanks : Lyon, Labsuchagne and obviously Warner even if he doesn't do any pieces to camera

I watched a wee bit of the West Indies game this afternoon and thought Papa New Guinea looked decent and did wonder if an upset was on the cards as West Indies nearly made a mess of it in their batting spell.

I wonder if we will see a shock result or two in the groups with the underdog nations.

2 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

I watched a wee bit of the West Indies game this afternoon and thought Papa New Guinea looked decent and did wonder if an upset was on the cards as West Indies nearly made a mess of it in their batting spell.

I wonder if we will see a shock result or two in the groups with the underdog nations.

Group A is where I’d be looking for some associate victories over test nations. India will win that comfortably, but Canada and the USA are decent sides and I could easily see them getting a win over Pakistan or the associate standard test nation that are Ireland. 

3 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

A shame PNG can't field for shit.

Fair to say they threw that away today, golden chance to beat the hosts.

Been a good fightback from Uganda on their debut at this level, Afghanistan looked to be heading for well over 200, but after the first wicket fell at 154-1 in the 15th over the wickets kept falling and Afghanistan finish on 183-5.

Sometimes that that DLS should penalise the team batting second in terms of wickets rather than runs, as BWV said it normally massively favours the chasing team as they can just throw the bat at everything. 

Think we'd have lost that had it played out but an encouraging start.