The Cricket Thread

bewlay

2 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Unlikely. It was a ballot for tickets and if you didn’t get through that you went on a waiting list, so I assume official resales are through that. We could only get day 4 & 5 tickets, so I’m hoping for some rain on days 1-3!

Thanks, as it's Manchester then a good chance of rain dragging it out a bit. Enjoy.

12 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Unlikely. It was a ballot for tickets and if you didn’t get through that you went on a waiting list, so I assume official resales are through that. We could only get day 4 & 5 tickets, so I’m hoping for some rain on days 1-3!

Just managed to get a ticket for Day 5 - Stand E5 - which looks like a decent view to be fair.  Hopefully something will come up for the earlier days but as it was only £25 for day 5 got that just in case.

3 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Just managed to get a ticket for Day 5 - Stand E5 - which looks like a decent view to be fair.  Hopefully something will come up for the earlier days but as it was only £25 for day 5 got that just in case.

Just under the point, should be a good view there. I’m in D8 on day 4 and D3 day 5. Party stand, should be fun. 

11 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Just under the point, should be a good view there. I’m in D8 on day 4 and D3 day 5. Party stand, should be fun. 

Seeing the odd resale ticket come up on the lancs cricket site for earlier days - seem to go quite quick but hopefully I'll manage to get one

Weather for old Trafford looks dreadful.

Got my travel all booked but not got a ticket for day 4 yet, there's been a fair few come up for sale so think I'll easily get one closer to the time.

Hotel is free cancellation and train was pretty cheap so won't be too much out of pocket if I decide not to bother going.

If you find yourself needing 30 from the final three overs, do yourself a favour, and don't copy the English women by nudging the spinner bowling absolute gift full tosses to cover for singles. 

Was a completely bizarre watch. Like they didn't have a clue what the game situation was.

18 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Yeah, that last over cost them the match. Woeful bowling.

Indeed, yet they'd still have chased it if they hadn't just paddled at least three or four hand grenades. The straight boundary must have been no more than 40 yards and the Aussies had no fielder between Cow Corner and deep Cover. I actually shouted "swing through the fucking ball for christs sake!" I was so dumbfounded at what I was watching.

Scottish Cup semi final day today. Forfarshire beat Clydesdale as they look to retain their title, while Uddingston (6th in the West league) upset Grange (top of the East) to make the final. Final takes place on 20th August, I haven’t seen a venue announced as of yet, but I’d imagine it’ll be at one of the Edinburgh grounds.

ETA: I’m wrong on the venue, it’s being held at Clydesdale’s Titwood. 

Edited by die hard doonhamer

Been watching the MLC (when they bother to show it). Some decent names playing in the frachise frachise. (Basically the IPL 2nd division)

Scoring not great for T20, only one over 200, and only one team batting second has won.