Jehovah's Witnesses

Swampy

My Mum's brother married one who was absolutely hatstand. Her son started dating a woman who used a wheelchair and his mother disowned him for it. Probably the only kind thing she ever did for him.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Shotgun said:

My Mum's brother married one who was absolutely hatstand. Her son started dating a woman who used a wheelchair and his mother disowned him for it. Probably the only kind thing she ever did for him.

On 12/07/2014 at 01:31, Shotgun said:

An uncle of mine was married to one for some reason. Horrible woman and barking mad. Thought church steeples were representations of Satan's penis among other things. Her son married a disabled woman and she disowned him. Probably the only good thing she ever did for him.

At least you're still remembering things in your old age

Paranoid Android, do you live near a Sainsburys?

There’s a big Jevoahs Hall near but we’ve only had them round once since we moved in six years ago. Probably realised its best not to shit on heir own doorstep.

I saw them hawking for business outside the Sheriff Court in Livingston a few weeks back, maybe trying to save a few criminals.

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

At least you're still remembering things in your old age

Ha ha. I even searched back through the thread because I 'thought' I'd told that story before.

old-age-retirement-today-proverb-senile-

Got the bus this morning and  driving past a rather decrepit shopping precinct in East Kilbride, there were 2 JWs camped out at 8am in the pissing rain with absolutely nobody about. They weren't even in the main shopping bit, but round the corner - thus missing on much of the footfall (which is minimal anyway at 8am). I would have taken a picture of the depressing scene, but I didn't have time but I have recreated it with the magic of Google Streetview and MS Paint. 

image.thumb.png.cfc83b31b195dcacd7c941652f351a72.png

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Got the bus this morning and  driving past a rather decrepit shopping precinct in East Kilbride, there were 2 JWs camped out at 8am in the pissing rain with absolutely nobody about. They weren't even in the main shopping bit, but round the corner - thus missing on much of the footfall (which is minimal anyway at 8am). I would have taken a picture of the depressing scene, but I didn't have time but I have recreated it with the magic of Google Streetview and MS Paint. 

Entrepreneurial shoving a barbershop in a bus shelter.

13 hours ago, paranoid android said:

One of my neighbours invited me to one of their meetings - she had a low-cut top on at the time, so I said I'd think about it,  

Chebs are my kryptonite. A women with a low cut top could say to say to me ‘fancy drinking drinking this bleach’ and I would half consider it.

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

They are at my local East Kilbride decrepit shopping precinct/jakey hangout most Saturday mornings. See them down the main centre at the bus station on a regular basis as well.

On 13/08/2014 at 23:38, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Went to school with a nice lassie whose parents were JWs, and it randomly came up in class that they don't celebrate Christmas. Cue astonished meltdown from the rest of the school.

When I was teaching, we had one or two in my reg classes over the years. At Xmas time we had the usual pish that you get in schools on the last morning, watch videos etc then a carol service. Once I got a note from the mother of this girl saying that she would not be in on the last day as she was one of Jehovah’s Witnesses and they did not celebrate Xmas. That boiled my piss a wee bit as she was only about 13. The other thing I noticed was that the Muslims were offered the chance to sit it out, but most of them just joined in anyway.

On 13/07/2014 at 08:42, mizfit said:

There is something along the road from me called the Plymouth brethren, don't know anything about them but I think they're basically Jehovah's again

I’ve got Brethren next door. @paranoid android Might know their place in Mayfield. Believe it or not they’ve been there for over 20 years but I’ve never had a serious discussion with them although we do all the neighbourly things like cut the hedge together, borrow tools, leave keys when we’re on holiday so the plants get watered etc. I don’t think they knock doors. They give us a calendar every year and invite us to a talk at their church which we politely decline. They see my missus as a weak point as she had a calvinist upbringing in the Western Isles, but they steer clear of me a bit :lol:

Isn’it the JWs that think the Earth is only 6000 years old?

One of my best pals at my first Primary School (the best one in Rosyth) was a Jehovah's Witness.

More accurately his parents were and he was told he had to believe in all that shite as well. Most of the time he just seemed bemused that he had to stand outside religious assemblies. Looking back I wish I could have as well, as they were utter w**k and were pretty much brainwashing.

I got the impression that he didn't really know much about what he was told he had to believe in. I think he could recite some obviously taught lines about it, but other than that didn't really have much of a clue as to why he was told he had to believe in such utter pish. We never really talked about it, as he was a Pars fan too and so we mostly talked about that and football in general.

It's a shame for any kid who is told that they are religious and that they must believe total bollocks. They must feel so different from their pals and it's really not fair on them. It just creates divides right from the start as well. I regularly see wee kids in that hilarious stupid garb being dragged to the Mosque and feel for them. I bet they're bored as f**k, or scared as f**k. It's pretty much a form of child cruelty.

Former business partner is JW. An insidious organisation that , as previously stated, basically brainwashes people and preys on the emotionally vulnerable.

Could go on a major rant here but will just say that I avoid these feckers like the pox.

5 hours ago, ICTChris said:

There’s a big Jevoahs Hall near but we’ve only had them round once since we moved in six years ago. Probably realised its best not to shit on heir own doorstep.

I saw them hawking for business outside the Sheriff Court in Livingston a few weeks back, maybe trying to save a few criminals.

They're not trying to save anyone other than themselves. They are demonstrating to Jehova how dedicated they are. Whether you repent or not is inconsequential. It's probably better you don't as they won't want riff raff in Heaven.

22 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

They're not trying to save anyone other than themselves. They are demonstrating to Jehova how dedicated they are. Whether you repent or not is inconsequential. It's probably better you don't as they won't want riff raff in Heaven.

Not in their bit, anyway.

7 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Not too far from a mini Sainsbury's  - Morrison's and Lidl are closer, likesay. 

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I thought there were a limited number of places in heaven that were already booked up, and since Armageddon is a bit late, the guys on the pavement will be left with us to deal with the consequences.

I thought there were a limited number of places in heaven that were already booked up, and since Armageddon is a bit late, the guys on the pavement will be left with us to deal with the consequences.

I think there are far fewer places available than there are JWs.

Also, Michael Jackson was a Jehovahs Witness, just saying.

Archived