Official P&b Cycling Thread

Really tough run today in horrendous conditions .

Out through Stirling and up over the Top Of The World at Kippen,then Funtry,over the CrowRoad and home .

55 miles total and absolutely soaked

We had an interesting altercation. With a driver today when one of our guys had a mechanical in a county road. We had guys signalling to slow traffic down about 50 yards from the breakdown ,but this total decides it would be funny to speed up and swerve towards us at the last minute.

When some of our guys showed their displeasure,he decided it was a good idea. To reverse towards us and do the hard man act .

BIG mistake.....never seen a guy shit himself so much and turn from being "hard " into a stuttering , shitebag

Edited by Unleash The Nade

Really tough run today in horrendous conditions .

Out through Stirling and up over the Top Of The World at Kippen,then Funtry,over the CrowRoad and home .

55 miles total and absolutely soaked

We had an interesting altercation. With a driver today when one of our guys had a mechanical in a county road. We had guys signalling to slow traffic down about 50 yards from the breakdown ,but this total decides it would be funny to speed up and swerve towards us at the last minute.

When some of our guys showed their displeasure,he decided it was a good idea. To reverse towards us and do the hard man act .

BIG mistake.....never seen a guy shit himself so much and turn from bring "hard " into a stuttering , shitebag

Errr.....hate to ask, but he wasn't driving a Lexus was he?

I've got my car today because I need to pick up a TV later on, and saw a person on a bike go through no fewer than four red lights. Made me annoyed that I wasn't on my bike, because it's easier to give people bollockings when I am.

I spotted him chaining his bike up in one of the bike racks here at work while I was looking for a parking space. Would it be a bit creepy to go and stick a note to his saddle saying "you were seen"? :ph34r:

Edited by The Master

Anyone one got any deals on tyres. Got a,picture this morning rattling over some twigs so think they are balding now

To be honest, I think at this time of year, its hard to look past gatorskins and Wiggle have some decent prices just now

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/tyres/?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=cycling%20tyres%20phrase&utm_campaign=cycle%20generic%20uk%20-%20Components&referid=googwig&utm_adgroup=Tyres%20-%20Cycling%20-%20CO%20Stage%201&gclid=CLX8pvvJrbsCFY3LtAodXyQALA

I remember when I took up cycling more seriously, a guy told me always buy the best tyres and wheel you can afford.

Lots of people get hooked into paying a lot for all the fancy gizmos and gadgets, but these are the most important pieces of kit on your bike

To be honest, I think at this time of year, its hard to look past gatorskins and Wiggle have some decent prices just now

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/tyres/?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=cycling%20tyres%20phrase&utm_campaign=cycle%20generic%20uk%20-%20Components&referid=googwig&utm_adgroup=Tyres%20-%20Cycling%20-%20CO%20Stage%201&gclid=CLX8pvvJrbsCFY3LtAodXyQALA

I remember when I took up cycling more seriously, a guy told me always buy the best tyres and wheel you can afford.

Lots of people get hooked into paying a lot for all the fancy gizmos and gadgets, but these are the most important pieces of kit on your bike

I agree, nothing worse than a puncture on a december night!

Picked up my new bike a few days back, a BMC Citystreamer. Down from £1899 to £1000, and then whatever gets chopped off for Cyclescheme.

bmc-citystreamer-cs01-xt-2012-hybrid-bik

Did from Airdrie to Bathgate this morning, then a wee trip round Edinburgh this afternoon to try out the new helmetcam.

Pretty pleased with it so far.

cos-gregg-wallace-pic-sm-image-1-5510814