Golfers Thread

Gaz

21 minutes ago, Ervin H Burrell said:

I thought Tiger did OK at the Masters. Was never contending, but competed well enough to make the cut. He's looked fucked here. Has he overdone it in the lead up to this ?

I don't think playing in the pro-am in Ireland was a great idea. 

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:

I don't think playing in the pro-am in Ireland was a great idea. 

Aye, he was using a buggy for a bit there. He then went and played 18 holes with Rory elsewhere in Ireland and walked and played here for 2 days prior to Thursday.

20 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Class from Fitz and Homa to let him go over on his own.

Genuinely don't know how he's holding it together right now, I'm nearly in bits sitting on my couch!

I was the same!

Tremendous reception for him. Nothing less than you'd expect from an Open crowd of course.

5 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

If I was on the R&A committee right now, I'd be making sure the first Senior Open he's eligible for is at St Andrews

He just called it The British Open, so he's now cancelled.

If I were Homa and Fitzpatrick, I’d be grabbing a press photographer, getting my photo taken with Tiger with the Old Course in the background, and getting Tiger to sign a glove… get the photo and glove framed and up in my living room. 

Part of me wonders if he didn't stop on the bridge because he knew he would lose it
I said to the missus when he walked over the bridge that there had been rumours he might retire here, but the fact he didn't stop probably meant he wasn't.

Then he walks about another 30 yards and starts wiping tears away. [emoji26]

I don't think it's quite goodbye yet, but deep down he knows that he won't have many more chances to walk down 18 like that.

I think after this he takes the rest of the year off and tries to get himself as fit as he can for 2023.

5 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

I said to the missus when he walked over the bridge that there had been rumours he might retire here, but the fact he didn't stop probably meant he wasn't.

Then he walks about another 30 yards and starts wiping tears away. emoji26.png

I don't think it's quite goodbye yet, but deep down he knows that he won't have many more chances to walk down 18 like that.

I think after this he takes the rest of the year off and tries to get himself as fit as he can for 2023.

Next year is at Hoylake, which is the other venue where he won.

He may well call it a day then.

11 minutes ago, Ervin H Burrell said:

Even with a touching story like that about the Isle of Harris, Faldo still manages to come across as a dick.

Just posted on our WhatsApp thread with the golfing boys "bet the p***k picked the fiver out the box before signing it, CANT!"