Golfers Thread

Gaz

On 05/04/2023 at 07:38, superbigal said:

Max Bet for me purely because of Value.

Phil Mickelson is 11/10 or 6/5 generally for the top senior market.

I got on at 2/1 with BV which has now long gone.

However anyone quick enough @welshbairn can still get 2/1 with Betred.

Opposition is  Langer, Couples, Singh, Weir, Lyle, Olazabel & Mize.

No offers currently which is promising.

Phil -4 Finished

Freddy -1  Bad weather coming

Weir +4

Langer +5

Singh +8

Mize +8

Jose + 10

Sandy +15

Phil Mickelson @2/1
Stake Potential Returns
£250.00 £750.00
  •  
    In-Play
    Phil Mickelson
    Top Senior, Tournament
    The Masters
    @2/1
Edited by superbigal

4 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

The bookies must've made a fortune in the last 10 years on mugs backing Mcilroy in majors. 

My mate was giving it big licks about getting 25/1 on him this morning. 

400/1 now and still a shorter price than like of Phil (500/1) at -3.

Should be 4000/1

Edited by superbigal

18 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Thunder forecast for Augusta soon and endless heavy rain tomorrow. Has to be likely that there'll be a Monday finish. 

Rory hates playing in that sort of weather so I wouldn't be surprised if he'd checked out mentally before the tournament even kicked off. 

Having said that, Koepka has shown what could be done from that that side of the draw. Given the forecast there's every chance a pair of 72s win it from here for him. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

9 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Nice video of Jack getting ready for the opening tee shot. He’s really struggling to get around tho by the looks of it. 

Thanks for sharing this, I hadn’t seen it. You can still see the absolute class in both Nicklaus and Watson (the video never showed Player hitting a shot). You can just tell that even as an ageing gent, Nicklaus cares about those practice hits, is trying to put a good hit on it. Superb.

4 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

If Bennett somehow pulled off the win, it would be absolutely sensational.

Not to mention very pleasing, A.B.LIV though. My money is on Jon Rahm being in a good spot for moving day as & when Koepka fades.

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Depends whether or not Koepka's body can hold up for 4 days.

Ideal scenario is a Norman-style meltdown on Sunday, and all the PGA Tour players celebrating together behind 18...

Interesting admission by Koepka that had he felt this healthy and been playing this well last year, then the decision to join LIV would have been a lot harder.

Just now, peasy23 said:

Interesting admission by Koepka that had he felt this healthy and been playing this well last year, then the decision to join LIV would have been a lot harder.

Yeah, he was very much a "I'm here for the money, not the career" guy.

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

Yeah, he was very much a "I'm here for the money, not the career" guy.

I certainly can't recall him talking the "growing the game" pish. Certainly came across on Full Swing as a guy whose self belief had hit rock bottom, was very far removed from the guy who only seemed to raise his game for the majors.

Always enjoy a Sarah Stirk interview.  🥰 Now Faldo is on… I actually don’t mind him as a pundit. Yes, he’s a fud. Yes, he’s a massive fud, but he isn’t bland. Just seems to blurt out whatever is swimming around in his brain. He should annoy me, but he somehow doesn’t.

5 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Yeah it was clear from the Netflix documentary that he thought he was probably done at the top level. 

Still if he wins here he's got a 5 year exemption to all the majors anyway so he can have the best of both worlds. 

I wouldn't grudge Koepka a Green Jacket, would arguably make him the greatest post Tiger golfer. Would be good seeing him going all out at The Open in the next few years for the grand Slam.