Golfers Thread

Gaz

Harman taking a fucking age here to get over his sense of entitlement and get on with playing his shot, which he doesnt like the look of so is crying for relief. 

20 minutes and counting stood on the tee for Rorys/Koepka/Matsuyama

Edited by Bairnardo

For the purposes of my shite joke, I could easily have picked Barshaw Park in Paisley.

I offer my sincerest apologies to the members of The Honourable Company of Golfers at the Royal & Ancient Knightswood National Golf Country Club & Spa.

PS. It was a fcuking shitehole when I played it in the 1970s. 😎

10 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

A 13 minute wait to tee off is ridiculous.

What's equally ridiculous is that it seems like the TV coverage is just as happy to show them waiting around instead of just showing other players hitting some actual golf shots. 

32 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

What's equally ridiculous is that it seems like the TV coverage is just as happy to show them waiting around instead of just showing other players hitting some actual golf shots. 

Yeah. For years we had to watch Tiger Woods blowing his nose. Sky are awful for following just a few golfers but not sure if they are just relaying someone else's feed though.

12 hours ago, pozbaird said:

For the purposes of my shite joke, I could easily have picked Barshaw Park in Paisley.

I offer my sincerest apologies to the members of The Honourable Company of Golfers at the Royal & Ancient Knightswood National Golf Country Club & Spa.

PS. It was a fcuking shitehole when I played it in the 1970s. 😎

You're a fucking shitehole. 

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

2 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Yeah. For years we had to watch Tiger Woods blowing his nose. Sky are awful for following just a few golfers but not sure if they are just relaying someone else's feed though.

An auld cvnt writes :-Was shouting at telly last night for this very reason....the Mrs. thinks I am a 'screwball' for harking back to the halcyon BBC-days of live non-stop Open coverage from 9am until 6pm with Peter Alliss, Alex Hay, Henry Longhurst & Ken Broon. 

Sky's coverage is incredibly poor and going to ads every 5 - 6 mins does my head in.

12 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

Does anyone on here play at Glenbervie?  I’m a member in East Lothian which I love, but it means playing in the evenings is a non-starter.  Was wondering about getting something closer to home.

Glenbervie is nice but it's disproportionately priced for me. If moneys no issue then fair enough but I'd say if I were looking to play local then Falkirk Carmuirs would be my pick. Tryst is decent but a bit flat and boring. Glenbervie is just wild in terms of cost. 

Eta or Tulliallan

Edited by Bairnardo

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Glenbervie is nice but it's disproportionately priced for me. If moneys no issue then fair enough but I'd say if I were looking to play local then Falkirk Carmuirs would be my pick. Tryst is decent but a bit flat and boring. Glenbervie is just wild in terms of cost. 

Eta or Tulliallan

I looked at Stirling (I work there) but everyone says it’s incredibly slow to get round.  Bizarrely never played Carmuirs despite growing up here!  Tryst would be easiest as I know a few members, including my dad, but I find it can be in poor condition sometimes (location means it gets a lot of through traffic, particularly schoolkids) and it’s difficult to get a time on.

haven’t played Tulliallan in about 20 years!

2 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

An auld cvnt writes :-Was shouting at telly last night for this very reason....the Mrs. thinks I am a 'screwball' for harking back to the halcyon BBC-days of live non-stop Open coverage from 9am until 6pm with Peter Alliss, Alex Hay, Henry Longhurst & Ken Broon. 

Sky's coverage is incredibly poor and going to ads every 5 - 6 mins does my head in.

The Rolex hour is good 

A slightly better performance than recent hack my way round scores with a 91 for a nett 76. Incapable of keeping big numbers off the card at the moment, started 6-3-6-6 then throw in a 7 and an 8 later on then it's not hard to see where the score slips away.

5 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

The Rolex hour is good 

Sometimes it's good but last night it featured a lot of coverage of the putting green and what's her name doing monologues to camera. In general I hate watching golf on Sky. The ad load is brutal.