Golfers Thread

Gaz

Went to get new waterproofs today as my old ones smell like death and are too big for me now, and ended up buying some underarmour for the first time in my life as well.

I'm slowly turning into one of these fannies with all the gear that look the part, but are actually rubbish.

I was out just there but gave up after eight holes. Far too miserable. I would have stuck it out but there were three folk playing just in front of me who wouldn't let me play through. Absolutely no-one in front of them but I was having to wait ten minutes at every tee-off area.

That happened to me midweek. At one stage I was on the tee behind them as they were walking up to their balls off the tee. The guy was taking ten practise swings at every ball before hitting it 60 yards with his five iron from the middle of he fairway. Not once did they even acknowledge me or try to let me through. Pissed me off big time and put me right off!

Guest honestrae95

I currently play of 16 but I fully expect that to come down over the summer. Have you ever played Greencastle Golf Club before? Lovely little course in which I am a member of.

Not yet, but it looks a nice wee course. We played 6 differant courses in a week- Ballylaffin, Buncrana, Murvagh, Letterkenny, Nairn & Port Noo and Cruit Island.

Nairn & Port Noo is a belter, the 8th being one of the most picturesque holes i've ever played. Second to Turnberry, where i was a member of, it is the best links course i've played!

Definitely recomend it.:D

Played a round at Ralston today. Conditions werent great but I played pretty well. Hit the pin on a par 3 and left it 2 inches from the hole. First ever birdie on a par 3 but if the ball was going slightly slower could have been so much better.

Not yet, but it looks a nice wee course. We played 6 differant courses in a week- Ballylaffin, Buncrana, Murvagh, Letterkenny, Nairn & Port Noo and Cruit Island.

Nairn & Port Noo is a belter, the 8th being one of the most picturesque holes i've ever played. Second to Turnberry, where i was a member of, it is the best links course i've played!

Definitely recomend it.:D

Will definitely recommend it to the old man when we head over at the Summer. Some of the views at Ballyliffin are siply stunning. I love this wee par 3 on the much tougher 'Glashedy Course'. Green is bottom left;

548835_10150646209444760_81974179759_9541114_416899107_n.jpg

Guest honestrae95

Will definitely recommend it to the old man when we head over at the Summer. Some of the views at Ballyliffin are siply stunning. I love this wee par 3 on the much tougher 'Glashedy Course'. Green is bottom left;

548835_10150646209444760_81974179759_9541114_416899107_n.jpg

I've dug out my scorecard from my round at Ballyliffin and i got a 4 there (well at least i think that par 3 is the 7th anyway!) Both of the courses there look great- we only had time to play Glashedy though. Ill have to take a trip back up and play the other one.

Infact, all of the courses we played that week were great. Even when i was playing like a 28 handicapper it was a great experience, even though it was the most expensive week of my life!

Edited by honestrae95

I've dug out my scorecard from my round at Ballyliffin and i got a 4 there (well at least i think that par 3 is the 7th anyway!) Both of the courses there look great- we only had time to play Glashedy though. Ill have to take a trip back up and play the other one.

Infact, all of the courses we played that week were great. Even when i was playing like a 28 handicapper it was a great experience, even though it was the most expensive week of my life!

I had a good 3 last time I played that hole, Easter time I thing. That is the one downside, the prices are ridiculous. When we go over to play,we always play when a competition is on as they all but half the fee's for the day. Idea time to play.

Today is an example of why I play, I shot 88 on a par 71, which isn't great off 13. However I went out in fifty-bloody-two with two snowmen and a 6 on a par 3. Worked out what I was doing wrong on the 9th fairway and came back in 36 with 6 pars and a birdie on the way home. I wanted to go out and play the front nine again just to correct it.

Such a good feeling when you're hitting the ball where you want it to go, golfer's addiction,

I've got a scratch open at a place called Burhill on Sunday. It hosts a Europro tour event in 3 weeks, the new course is 7,000 yards and due to the recent weather down here there is no run on the ball at all.

SSS is 73, so I need 76 or better to buffer, which is not going to happen. Add in the 7.56am tee off and the almost certainty of +0.2 on my handicap, and it's probably the least I've looked forward to a scratch open ever.

As predicted, went up 0.2 today. I missed 12 putts of less than 5ft over the course of the 36 holes, all to the left. It doesn't take a genius to work out that playing off 2 (3 after today), that is going to result in a bad day.

Went out for 18 today. Driving and iron play was solid and kept giving myself good chances for birdies and pars but just couldn't get used to the greens. They have been quite slow the last couple of days however with the nice weather the last few days, they've sped up dramatically. Ended up shooting a 72 net on a par 69 which is decent at the end of the day. If I can sort out the putter, I can feel a cut coming.

I've felt my game improving over recent weeks, although not seen a great improvement in my scores. It feels like I'm very, very close to a breakthrough and a significant drop in scores - hope it comes soon!

Played my first 18 holes last night at the local municipal course and shot 121. I was a bit disappointed as I started strong and played some great shots. However I let myself down with the short stuff/putting.

I've caught the bug though. I'm keen to join a club and get as much golf as I can squeezed in.

Got out for 18 this afternoon. Glorious weather so really enjoyable. Managed to shoot a 94 which is my best yet off the summer tees (I got a 93 off the winter tees which are much shorter).

Even then I really should have got down to 90 - I hit a 7 and a 6 on the first two holes - both of which I should have done better on - and four times took four shots from positions within 10 yards of the green which was disappointing!

Went out for 18 today. Driving and iron play was solid and kept giving myself good chances for birdies and pars but just couldn't get used to the greens. They have been quite slow the last couple of days however with the nice weather the last few days, they've sped up dramatically. Ended up shooting a 72 net on a par 69 which is decent at the end of the day. If I can sort out the putter, I can feel a cut coming.

Did u play the medal today Forza?

Bizarre round for me... Had 5 duffs (all from within 100 yards), was in trees at 17, lipped out on 5 of the first 14 holes, and finished with four 3-putts (on 15, 16, 17 & 18).

Despite this, ended up with a net 69 (82-13) with a CSS of 70. Mental stuff.

Edited by Cowshed Chris