Golfers Thread

Gaz

My work has a golf society and we have decided to have a European outing in Sept/Oct 2014.

Can any one recommend good companies to travel with, resorts etc. We are planning going for 4 days or so to Spain or Potugal.

Any advice would be great!

Played a fairly odd round this morning, considering it was about my 5th round of the year. Shot 82 net 68 (don't have official handicap but play socially off 14) on par 68 course.

Hit the driver 13 times, hit 11 fairways and the 2 missed were by about 2 feet and 5 yards. Best I've driven in years.

Hit 10 (vidiprinter style TEN) greens in regulation. I used to keep stats but I really can't remember hitting more than that. Sadly most of them left me 40ft+ putts on an unfamiliar course and as a result I took 40 (FORTY) putts.

Also had one of those holes where you just wonder why you can't do it all the time, 350 yard par 4, driver splits the fairway, wedge to about 9 inches, tap in birdie.

Playing Paxon Hollow Country Club today. Last time I played here I had a decent set of sticks and shot an easy 77.

Judging by the clubs I've been lent this time around, and the way I was hitting at the range last night I reckon I could be looking at my first 85+ round of the year

I had some serious golfing seethe earlier. Was playing out my skin and was on course to shoot about 80/81 round my local course then had a 9 and two 7's on the last few holes. Absolutely raging.

Basically the same for me today. Played brilliant first 13 holes then hit 8-7-5-5-7 to finish. The two fives were both on par threes. Nightmare!

Basically the same for me today. Played brilliant first 13 holes then hit 8-7-5-5-7 to finish. The two fives were both on par threes. Nightmare!

Basically same for me, had mostly 4's and 5's up til the 13th where I lost my first ball and got a 9, 14th I lost another and got a 7 then got 4, 4, 7, 7. Disastrous 13th, 14th, 17th and 18th ruined what would have been a great round for me.

I also started my round with 7-7, annoyingly taking 5 to get it down from 30 yards off the green at the first. I then went 4-4-4-5-5-4-5-5-5-4-4, which was brilliant for me, most consistent I'd ever played. Then blew it at the end!

Back to earth with a bang today with a score of 120. Just to remind me that I'm capable of the odd howler!

Everything that could have went wrong went wrong. 5 off the tee twice, heeled the ball with the driver three times... a poor round. Astonishing how there can be a difference of 29 strokes between rounds!

Played my first round in 3 years yesterday in advance of lads golf outing next week. Hit 108 which reasonably pleased with.a couple of pars in there to match a few 8s.

Only wierd thing is I have taken a chunk of skin off right hand ring finger. Dunnonif im gripping too tight or not tight enough and getting movement and friction between hands.

Only wierd thing is I have taken a chunk of skin off right hand ring finger. Dunnonif im gripping too tight or not tight enough and getting movement and friction between hands.

I'm usually pretty worn there too after rounds - always wondered what causing it.

Interesting couple of days golfing for me - played our captain's prize medal at home course yestereday. Hit an outward 40 (I play off 27.5) - the best 9 holes i have ever played. Only to see me blow that completely by shooting an inward 54 :( still - finished with a net 66, and likely to have won it so mixed feelings!

Played an open at newtonmore today, shot a gross 98 for a net 70 (course par) despite on the whole playing pretty poor. My long irons were immense today, but anything within 150yrds was shockingly bad. But happy to hit par despite.

I'm playing Rockliffe Hall next weekend in the north east of England. One of the longest in Europe I'm led to believe, there was talk about wanting to try and get a Ryder Cup in the future once the course is more established since its fairly new. Really looking forward to it.

Far too good a course for someone of my ability. Luckily was stopped by a lightning storm after 13 because I'd already shot 88 by that point. Did seem to play worse than usual though to be fair.

Back to earth with a bang today with a score of 120. Just to remind me that I'm capable of the odd howler!

Everything that could have went wrong went wrong. 5 off the tee twice, heeled the ball with the driver three times... a poor round. Astonishing how there can be a difference of 29 strokes between rounds!

88 this morning. With an 8 at a Par 3 :lol:

I was 6th in a scratch open on Sunday. Fairly decent, you may think.

However, my round included 3 off the tee on a par 3, and then 3 holes later another 3 off the tee on another par 3.

4 shots thrown away on par 3s with lost balls. I couldn't tell you the last time I lost a ball on a par 3, and then I do it twice in the space of 3 holes and cost myself a really good score because of it.

I'm usually pretty worn there too after rounds - always wondered what causing it.

Interesting couple of days golfing for me - played our captain's prize medal at home course yestereday. Hit an outward 40 (I play off 27.5) - the best 9 holes i have ever played. Only to see me blow that completely by shooting an inward 54 :( still - finished with a net 66, and likely to have won it so mixed feelings!

Played an open at newtonmore today, shot a gross 98 for a net 70 (course par) despite on the whole playing pretty poor. My long irons were immense today, but anything within 150yrds was shockingly bad. But happy to hit par despite.

Bandit ;)

Edited by Distant Doonhamer