Golfers Thread

Gaz

Brilliant to watch Spieth win last night, shooting a superb 66. More importantly there were a few times on the back 9 where Hoffman got within a shot and Spieth might have cracked but i thought he held it together superbly. He hit a couple of 70-90 yard wedge approaches that were simply magnificent. I think he'll probably still be a bit wild off the tee for Augusta but I'd love him to win the PGA and career slam. 

Considering he's spent effectively 4 years in the doldrums, he's still won 3 of the 4 majors, 15(?) worldwide events and set numerous records before the age of 30. Some boy. 

On 30/03/2021 at 09:00, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

**Fantasy Golf Transfer Window**

The transfer window is now open and will close at start of play at Augusta. 

Changes will come into effect at the Masters. The next window is after the Open Championship in July, so this will be your team for the 4 double point majors and the x1.5 Scottish Open, so choose wisely.

You can make as many changes as you wish to, following the original template of 1 from each pool and 1 from each of the tour lists, plus another 4 from the tour lists.

Either tag me in your post, or send a DM with your changes.

A reminder of everyone's teams and their individual points totals gained so far.

@Henderson to deliver .....

Reveal hidden contents

Thomas 105

Scheffler 79

Reed 62

Perez 52

Ancer 22

Fitzpatrick 42

Kokrak 32

English 50

Hojgaard 16

Detry 20

Horsfield 28

Grace 50

@Tartan Dave

Reveal hidden contents

Thomas 105

Morikawa 91

Reed 62

Hatton 83

Matsuyama 14

MacIntyre 36

Finau 112

Valimaki 0

Munoz 4

Champ 0

Higgo 8

Hojgaard 16

@lichtie23

Reveal hidden contents

DJ 62

Im 34

Cantlay 58

Hatton 83

Ancer 22

MacIntyre 36

Finau 112

Fowler 0

Hojgaard 16

Van Rooyen 10

Grace 50

Woodland 4

@Mr Kane and the lemon cafe

Reveal hidden contents

Thomas 105

Wolff 0

Schauffele 76

Casey 104

Scott 12

Garcia 44

An 8

Detry 20

Horschel 128

Palmer 52

Woods 0

Finau 112

@peasy23

Reveal hidden contents

DJ 62

Morikawa 91

Schauffele 76

Fitzpatrick 42

Matsuyama 14

Wiesberger 8

An 8

Valimaki 0

Finau 112

Woodland 4

Champ 0

Van Rooyen 10

@alta-pete

Reveal hidden contents

DJ 62

Im 34

Reed 62

Fleetwood 40

Oosthuizen 16

Perez 52

Finau 112

Kaymer 4

Pepperell 0

Speith 66

Cabrera Bello 24

Munoz 4

@J_Stewart

Reveal hidden contents

DJ 62

Hovland 95

Reed 62

Fleetwood 40

Matsuyama 14

Perez 52

Finau 112

Rai 6

English 50

Na 56

Munoz 4

Bezuidenhout 14

@die hard doonhamer

Reveal hidden contents

DJ 62

Morikawa 91

Schauffele 76

Hatton 83

Ancer 22

Perez 52

Finau 112

Bezuidenhout 14

Na 56

Champ 0

Day 14

Todd 10

@Distant Doonhamer

Reveal hidden contents

Rory 63

Wolff 0

Simpson 32

Hatton 83

Matsuyama 14

MacIntyre 36

Finau 112

Syme 20

Knox 12

Valimaki 0

Todd 10

Bezuidenhout 14

@Ro Sham Bo

Reveal hidden contents

DJ 62

Im 34

Reed 62

Hatton 83

Matsuyama 14

MacIntyre 36

Munoz 4

Finau 112

Hojgaard 16

Sullivan 0

Kaymer 4

Champ 0

@Honest_Man#1

Reveal hidden contents

Bryson 92

Morikawa 91

Reed 62

Fleetwood 40

Oosthuizen 16

MacIntyre 36

Woods 0

Pepperell 0

Na 56

Champ 0

Watson 10

Mickelson 0

The points scored so far by each pool member and the top 6 in each of the tour lists.

Reveal hidden contents

POOL 1

DJ 62

Rahm 60

Thomas 105

Bryson 92

Rory 63

Brooks 95

POOL 2

Morikawa 91

Hovland 95

Scheffler 79

Wolff 0

Niemann 60

Im 34

POOL 3

Simpson 32

Schauffele 76

Cantlay 58

Reed 62

Berger 78

Kisner 0

POOL 4

Lowry 12

Perez 52

Wiesberger 8

Garcia 44

Stenson 0

MacIntyre 36

POOL 5

Scott 12

Matsuyama 14

Oosthuizen 16

Ancer 22

Smith 28

Leishman 20

POOL 6

Hatton 83

Fleetwood 40

Fitzpatrick 42

Rose 30

Casey 104

Westwood 79

PGA TOP 6

Horschel 128

Finau 112

Spieth 66

Na 56

Palmer 52

English 50

EURO TOP 6

Rozner 64

Grace 50

Stone 38

Horsfield 28

Molinari 24

Cabrera Bello 24

On 30/03/2021 at 09:07, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

The full list fantasy league lists again.

The current world rankings, Fed Ex Cup and Race to Dubai standings.

http://www.owgr.com/ranking

https://www.europeantour.com/european-tour/rankings/race-to-dubai/rankings/

https://www.pgatour.com/stats/stat.02671.html

28 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

@Henderson to deliver ..... Do you have a list of each player's points total so far that you can share?

45 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

@Henderson to deliver ..... Do you have a list of each player's points total so far that you can share?

The points scored so far by each pool member and the top 6 in each of the tour lists.

Reveal hidden contents

POOL 1

DJ 62

Rahm 60

Thomas 105

Bryson 92

Rory 63

Brooks 95

POOL 2

Morikawa 91

Hovland 95

Scheffler 79

Wolff 0

Niemann 60

Im 34

POOL 3

Simpson 32

Schauffele 76

Cantlay 58

Reed 62

Berger 78

Kisner 0

POOL 4

Lowry 12

Perez 52

Wiesberger 8

Garcia 44

Stenson 0

MacIntyre 36

POOL 5

Scott 12

Matsuyama 14

Oosthuizen 16

Ancer 22

Smith 28

Leishman 20

POOL 6

Hatton 83

Fleetwood 40

Fitzpatrick 42

Rose 30

Casey 104

Westwood 79

PGA TOP 6

Horschel 128

Finau 112

Spieth 66

Na 56

Palmer 52

English 50

EURO TOP 6

Rozner 64

Grace 50

Stone 38

Horsfield 28

Molinari 24

Cabrera Bello 24

This was the total before this weeks event. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

Rahm just became a father in the early hours of this morning which is ruling him out of my flutters for this week as his head will be all over the shop
I've already backed Jt and my lively outsider is Fritelli 
Saw a tweet last night that Bubba and Danny Willett were both new first time Dads and won at Augusta....

19 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
2 hours ago, doulikefish said:
Rahm just became a father in the early hours of this morning which is ruling him out of my flutters for this week as his head will be all over the shop
I've already backed Jt and my lively outsider is Fritelli 

Saw a tweet last night that Bubba and Danny Willett were both new first time Dads and won at Augusta....

Yeah they were but not born on the Sunday before the tourney starts they had a few weeks for it to sink in 

Conditions yesterday in Edinburgh were the toughest I’ve ever played in. 50+mph swirling winds at Braids when playing for my handicap. Shot 50 (FIFTY) over, although whilst mostly conditions that was also not helped by my head completely going. Stopped lining up putts or anything and was a seething mess. Card binned and another round booked for next week.

**Fantasy Golf Week 13**

reface-2021-04-05-09-27-45.gif.a922d961927244519e75b39afd403523.gif

Behold, for he has risen.

Jordan 28:5

Easter Sunday saw a resurrection worthy of big JC himself, as Jordan Spieth finally returned to the winner's circle almost 4 years after his last triumph, the 2017 Open Championship. He takes the Valero Texas Open in his home state., seeing off Hoffman and Wallace. A hugely popular winner, not so much in fantasy golf terms though, as only @alta-pete has the second coming in his team. Was it enough to take the Road to the Masters title.

Standings 

671 (4) @J_Stewart

665 (4) @Mr Kane and the lemon cafe

642 (0) @die hard doonhamer

630 (54) @alta-pete

585 (4) @Tartan Dave

558 (0) @Henderson to deliver .....

549 (12) @lichtie23

529 (4) @Ro Sham Bo

485 (8) @peasy23

403 (0) @Honest_Man#1

396 (0) @Distant Doonhamer

The answer was no, and the Road to the Masters winner is @J_Stewart

tenor-44.gif.6a201262ea5b1862184414b6d948ae2e.gif

Congratulations, you have 2 x £5 free bets to use on any Skybet Masters market. Have a look and let me know what you fancy.

The Race to Whistling Straits mini league now begins, with free bets for the highest point scorer between now and the Ryder Cup, and a reminder that the transfer window slams shut at Masters tee off.

hmstanley@augustanational_com.thumb.jpg.e36bf7db19ac2c1c2dbaa00c680a7ab6.jpg

And so to Augusta. The jewel in the crown of the golfing season. Double points up for grabs in the long awaited first major of the year. Back to its traditional spot in the calendar after last year's look at a late autumn Magnolia Drive, and a welcome return to azalea's in full bloom. Picking a winner is tough. Last year's champion Johnson won in Saudi Arabia but has struggled since, however, he remains the undisputed world's no.1. Question marks hang over the form of Rahm and McIlroy and what effect will the recent birth of his 1st child have on the big Spaniard ? Thomas, Morikawa, DeChambeau and Koepka go in with perhaps the best form of the game's elite, but is the latter over his injury problems ? Further down, the villainous Patrick Reed already has a green jacket and a win this season at a tough classical course, while another previous winner, the Lazarus like Jordan Spieth won last week. He'd be the first man since Mickelson in 2006 to win the week before and follow up in Georgia. Course experience is considered paramount here amongst the pines, but Cam Smith and Sunjae Im went some way to dispel that notion last November with top 3 finishes. Hope perhaps for our very own Bob MacIntyre at a track which has been kind to left handers previously.

All set for an outstanding 4 days of golf.

masters-12-fall-panelist-large-crop.thumb.jpg.9af232def7936b6e2c00bb07b5b22e06.jpg

Reason number 242 to dislike the Scottish golf app. Yesterday I played in a 9 hole stableford competition using the app to keep score. In very testing conditions I played well but didn’t score well (not helped by two 3 putts and a lost ball) and I was expecting to awake this morning to see my handicap deservedly increased. Not only has my handicap not changed but the round hasn’t been registered. I asked my 2 playing partners if they had experienced the same issue, which they have not. Their rounds has been registered and counted towards their handicap index.  Has anyone on here experienced an issue like this? 

Reason number 242 to dislike the Scottish golf app. Yesterday I played in a 9 hole stableford competition using the app to keep score. In very testing conditions I played well but didn’t score well (not helped by two 3 putts and a lost ball) and I was expecting to awake this morning to see my handicap deservedly increased. Not only has my handicap not changed but the round hasn’t been registered. I asked my 2 playing partners if they had experienced the same issue, which they have not. Their rounds has been registered and counted towards their handicap index.  Has anyone on here experienced an issue like this? 
Haven't had that but the app is extremely temperamental. Certainly 2 of the 3 competitions I played in March we had to submit on cards due to the app crashing midway through.

What is the feedback at your club with the new handicap system? Doesn't seem to be very well received by most of my group.

8 minutes ago, Cowshed Chris said:

Haven't had that but the app is extremely temperamental. Certainly 2 of the 3 competitions I played in March we had to submit on cards due to the app crashing midway through.

What is the feedback at your club with the new handicap system? Doesn't seem to be very well received by most of my group.

They are fully behind it according to the notes from the AGM. The scoring part worked well and I do quite like the “live scoreboard” but it’s just a very poor app in general. I play a 9 hole course but you don’t have the function to book 18 holes, only 9. And you can’t book a 2nd 9 because you are only allowed booking 1 tee time a day. Only way round it is getting your playing partner to book the tee time exactly 2 hours later 

2 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Looks like it'll be playing firm and fast, don't think we'll see -18 --20 this year.

Saw a few clips from the women's amateur event at the weekend and it was certainly more like the hard slick greens we are used to, one player described them as crusty.

17 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Forecast for Augusta, chance of lightning on a couple of the days at the moment.

slight contrast with my own course at present..... -1C, 50mph winds and course closed anyway as it is under a blanket of snow (should have been the first Tuesday medal of the season today)

Unfortunately we have made the decision to stay on a few winter greens unitl the third week in April - quite a bit of damage due to the perma-ice for 7 weeks in Jan / Feb.  So scores would not c**t for handicap as course would be a little too short playing 3 or 4 winter greens.  At least by end of April it should be fully open.....in time for the toonsers to cross the border and play.

Snowing again as I type.