Golfers Thread

Gaz

30 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

This is generally how I feel about medal scores tbh...

aha very good...that was a genuine mistake (missing off the o in count) Reminds me of a time when a work colleague sent an email to the CEO and mis-spelt his name (Knut)  He made it worse by immediately sending another email to all those copied in apologising for the spelling mistake (vast majority didnt notice)

On 05/04/2021 at 11:27, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

The answer was no, and the Road to the Masters winner is @J_Stewart

tenor-44.gif.6a201262ea5b1862184414b6d948ae2e.gif

Congratulations, you have 2 x £5 free bets to use on any Skybet Masters market. Have a look and let me know what you fancy.

phil mickelson dancing GIF

What an absolute honour it truly is to be the inaugural P&B Fantasy Golf Road to the Masters Mini League Winner. A historic moment and one that I will cherish for all of my days. In saying that, my part in the proceedings was very small, and top boy Henderson to Deliver has done all the hard work in a thoroughly enjoyable competition, so if the P&B Fantasy Golf Judicial Committee will allow it, I'd like to donate one of the Free Bets to Henderson to Deliver as a thanks for organising.

For the other, if there's a market for it (don't have skybet) I'd like to go for Bob McIntyre to make the cut. If there's not, then Tommy Fleetwood as the top European please.

55 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

phil mickelson dancing GIF

What an absolute honour it truly is to be the inaugural P&B Fantasy Golf Road to the Masters Mini League Winner. A historic moment and one that I will cherish for all of my days. In saying that, my part in the proceedings was very small, and top boy Henderson to Deliver has done all the hard work in a thoroughly enjoyable competition, so if the P&B Fantasy Golf Judicial Committee will allow it, I'd like to donate one of the Free Bets to Henderson to Deliver as a thanks for organising.

For the other, if there's a market for it (don't have skybet) I'd like to go for Bob McIntyre to make the cut. If there's not, then Tommy Fleetwood as the top European please.

Appreciate the kind words.

There's no cut market on Skybet, so if Tommy lad is the top European, there's 55 quid winging your way.

Screenshot_20210406-164731.thumb.jpg.180224d4c082eca998ceb8724284e556.jpg

With the other bet you've kindly donated, since Skybet are paying 11 places and everyone here will be cheering him on anyway, I've stuck it on an each way on oor Boab, with any returns going to a charity of your choice.

Screenshot_20210406-164710.thumb.jpg.768b8d2f9c1972e23804af376bf9f59d.jpg

15 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Finau is about the highest scoring player in the Fantasy League is he not? Must be doing something right!

He's certainly the highest scorer without a victory. Horschel and after last week, Spieth have more points.

I think Laird is due out in the first group in round 2.
Yep, flips round for Friday and they go first, with the other two ball going out in the middle of the field. It's one of the vagaries of the Masters invite system that they can end up with an odd number. There are 16 former winners missing, although Tiger was probably the only one who would play. There's also a few amateurs missing as their regional amateur championships didn't take place.

There are a few former winners who should really give it up, Woosnam for example has made two cuts this millennium, and not since 2008. As much as I loved Sandy Lyle back in the day, he hasn't fared much better, last making the cut in 2014. In fairness though, I don't blame them for turning up every year, but I'd rather see the guys who are next on the OWGR make up the numbers than watch Woosnam or Ollie run up another 80.