Golfers Thread

Gaz

Sensational. Holes nothing of consequence for most of the back 9 then sleeves two tricky downhill left-to-righters to almost certainly win it. 
Superb.
He had a huge break when he almost put that drive out of bounds, but of you are only going to hole a couple of putts that was certainly the time to do it.

8 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Migliozzi is going to finish top 5 here...one of the tipsters had him as there ew tip of the week at massive odds as this was his first start at a major 

Earns a spot in next year's masters and us open and a cool $500k

Edited by doulikefish

Brilliant by Rahm. Louis has to take that shot on at 18 surely. Shat the bed. Can’t understand that decision. Faxon clearly unimpressed.
I thought he either had to go for it, or at least try and find the strip of fairway to the right of the water. Both high tariff shots, but he had to try and make 3 somehow, the odds of doing that from 80-90 yards out were miniscule.

Full list of prize money is on here.

https://www.bunkered.co.uk/golf-news/us-open-full-prize-money-payout

Stuck a tenner on Brooks for the travellers .....What you guys think?. Usually my favourites like Colin or Bryson but he annoys me ... going 3 under or whatever then still trying to kill everything he could be so good . Im talking hes got Tigers brain but an ego like no one else . Bryson im talking about btw. Hes so so frustrating to watch he could so easily be no 1 but stuck in his stupid ways. 

Dornoch sent me an email saying practice areas need to be pre-booked due to Covid. They’ve said there’s a practice strip beside 17/18th holes or one beside an airstrip, but says balls not supplied. Surely they can’t be saying you’ve to take a load of old balls and just fire them away? 

8 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Dornoch sent me an email saying practice areas need to be pre-booked due to Covid. They’ve said there’s a practice strip beside 17/18th holes or one beside an airstrip, but says balls not supplied. Surely they can’t be saying you’ve to take a load of old balls and just fire them away? 

The practice area by the air strip is down by the aerodrome - https://goo.gl/maps/JBMCLcPWhs54AgqK7 - next to the Struie Course. It is very much a case of line up and blooter some balls across an area of grass and go and collect them. There are plans I believe to build a proper driving / practice range in the future but not sure what stage these are at.

If you are playing on either the Championship or Struie course and practice down here given yourself time to get back up to the 1st tee of both courses as they are up by the clubhouse. 

17 minutes ago, RiG said:

The practice area by the air strip is down by the aerodrome - https://goo.gl/maps/JBMCLcPWhs54AgqK7 - next to the Struie Course. It is very much a case of line up and blooter some balls across an area of grass and go and collect them. There are plans I believe to build a proper driving / practice range in the future but not sure what stage these are at.

If you are playing on either the Championship or Struie course and practice down here given yourself time to get back up to the 1st tee of both courses as they are up by the clubhouse. 

Bizarre stuff. So you’ve to wander out and collect your balls like something out of 1917 with balls flying about from other players practicing? 

It does mentions an area with bays/nets but I’ll probably not bother.

12 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Bizarre stuff. So you’ve to wander out and collect your balls like something out of 1917 with balls flying about from other players practicing? 

It does mentions an area with bays/nets but I’ll probably not bother.

For that strip of grass down by the airfield aye. A caveat that I haven't been up there in a year or so but it was like that when my Grandpa was teaching me golf in the late 80s / early 90s and was still the same down there even just a couple of years ago so I'd be surprised if there was anything down there in the way of equipment.