Golfers Thread

Gaz

Was sitting on a 5.2 for Score 20 this morning with a new set of sticks in the bag and managed to exactly match the gross score due to drop, which was pretty pleasing.

Failed to properly capitalise on a free hit this afternoon with a poor first 5 holes (3 doubles in 5 holes, FFS... 🤬) but started really connecting with the driver on the back nine, so fairly satisfied with my day (albeit not good enough this afternoon for a double Club Champs qualification this season 😢)

The new Vokey wedges are a thing of marvel - such a good look and feel to them, had me oozing with confidence with them right away. I can see me picking up a shot or two round the greens on a regular basis with them - I'm already close to giving them names... 😍😍😍

Played in a tri-am today, team scored 59, which will probably not be good enough to get in the prizes. Did my bit to contribute with a few nett birdies, then on the back 9 birdied the par 4 13th for a nett 2, then chipped in on the par 3 next for a nett 1. Annoyingly left a few shots out there between the 3 of us.

Still 3 of them out there in the pitch black playing for one place
There are 9 going for 2 spots at Princes tomorrow morning, so probably some overnight camping in cars there.

This isn't even for an Open spot, this is just to get in to final qualifying on Tuesdsy.

After 8 play off holes  against Kramer Hickok , Harris English finally sunk a birdie to win The Travelers Championship 
Some finish by Bubba who was leading, playing the last 5 holes in 6 over par to finish 6 behind.

The qualifier at St Annes is finally over.

32 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Some finish by Bubba who was leading, playing the last 5 holes in 6 over par to finish 6 behind.

The qualifier at St Annes is finally over.

The boy will be fucked and shoot a set of 82s tomorrow now 

Regional qualifying done and dusted, with 207 players coming through.

A field of 288 players goes out tomorrow spread over the same 4 venues, Princes, St. Anne's Old Links, Hollinwell and West Lancashire. 72 players at each venue playing 36 holes, with only the top 3 at each course booking a place in the open.

31 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Regional qualifying done and dusted, with 207 players coming through.

A field of 288 players goes out tomorrow spread over the same 4 venues, Princes, St. Anne's Old Links, Hollinwell and West Lancashire. 72 players at each venue playing 36 holes, with only the top 3 at each course booking a place in the open.

Any bigger names competing?

Really coming round to the WHI system .  If you play a fair amount of golf it is far more reflective of your form at a particular time in the season.  I started at 9.3....12 rounds later I was off 12.5 (under the old system I would have been 10.2 - 3 buffers) but I was playing really badly and my handicap deservedly went shooting up.  However, I am playing a bit better now and its back down to 10 with 7 out of my next 10 rounds being "free hits"