Golfers Thread

Gaz

7 hours ago, EvilScotsman said:

@Avon Barksdale I can't be the only one who's wondering how this went, surely?

It was good fun, shot 43 for 9 holes. It certainly makes you realise how forgiving modern clubs are, irons were ok to hit, but the woods had a sweet spot about the size of a 5 pence. You have to swing slower than normal and there's quite a bit of improvisation and guessing required as the clubs are only roughly a 3, 5, 7 and a wedge that goes about 40 yards.

Will wear the plus fours next year and I'll be taking them out for some practice beforehand, looking to break 158 for 36 holes which would have won me all but 2 of the Open Championships held at Musselburgh.

**Fantasy Golf Week 24**

reface-2021-06-24-07-14-01.gif.9f23102c972e24fecca94bc88b78d23e.gif

huevos grandes

Some set of stones on big John then. 2 big curling putts on 17 and 18 lands him one of the big 4 and sends him to no.1 in the world. His win rate since turning pro is now 10%, the highest since prime Tiger (24%). Poor Louie was 2nd once again.

No one has Rahm in their team though, but plenty points dished out. @die hard doonhamer the biggest point scorer this week, extending his lead in the overall standings and jumping to the top of the Race to Whistling Straits table.

Overall Standings 

1166 @die hard doonhamer

1052 @Tartan Dave

1046 @alta-pete

987 @J_Stewart

985 @lichtie23

968 @Avon Barksdale

955 @peasy23

950 @Ro Sham Bo

929 @Honest_Man#1

919 @Mr Kane and the lemon cafe

770 @Distant Doonhamer

The Race to Whistling Straits 

518  @die hard doonhamer

514 @Honest_Man#1

460 @Ro Sham Bo

458 @peasy23

450 @Tartan Dave

408 @alta-pete

406 @Avon Barksdale

400 @lichtie23

366 @Distant Doonhamer

312 @J_Stewart

222 @Mr Kane and the lemon cafe

Once again we're at a Pete Dye venue this week for the Travellers Championship at TPC River Highlands, scene of Jim Furyk's record 58. The European Tour meanwhile, is in Munich for the BMW International Open.

Took delivery of the rest of my new clubs tonight to go with the Taylor Made P770's. Titleist TSI driver, Srixon ZX fairway woods and hybrid, plus 3 Vokey wedges.

The wedges in brushed steel are sex on a stick - I don't know whether to swing them or try and get them drunk.

IMG_20210624_160843_2.thumb.jpg.fd99eed0ca814951fa906119ea310104.jpgIMG_20210624_160813_1.thumb.jpg.a4c74c2ba2b95ab752333084df7d9215.jpg

Phwoar.

The weekend can't come soon enough...

35 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Just watching the Amateur Championship highlights on Sky there.

The winner came from 8 down, and dormie 4 down, to win on the 38th in the Final. Balls of steel from him.

Indeed. 36 hole final and 8 down after 17.

Got to feel sorry for the guy who lost. Jeez that would be tough to take.

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

"Report: US pros "may boycott" Open Championship - bunkered.co.uk" https://www.bunkered.co.uk/golf-news/report-us-pros-may-boycott-open-championship

It'll be interesting to see how this pans out. 

I seen this earlier on in the week but guys like Joel Dahmen were saying it's rubbish.I think it's the players that don't like a proper links challenge that won't travell ie Steve sticker doesn't usually come over but let's hope it puts jb Holmes off 

Edited by doulikefish

"Report: US pros "may boycott" Open Championship - bunkered.co.uk" https://www.bunkered.co.uk/golf-news/report-us-pros-may-boycott-open-championship
I can sympathise with the players a bit on this one, although Pete Cowen's comment that they will all have been vaccinated will probably be wide of the mark. It will also be galling for anyone coming over when they read about how differently the UEFA officials coming in for the Euros semi and final will be treated.

48 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

I seen this earlier on in the week but guys like Joel Dahmen were saying it's rubbish.I think it's the players that don't like a proper links challenge that won't travell ie Steve sticker doesn't usually come over but let's hope it puts jb Holmes off 

1 minute ago, peasy23 said:
1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I can sympathise with the players a bit on this one, although Pete Cowen's comment that they will all have been vaccinated will probably be wide of the mark. It will also be galling for anyone coming over when they read about how differently the UEFA officials coming in for the Euros semi and final will be treated.

There are already quite a few committed to the Scottish Open and I would guess they'll have done so knowing the arrangements. 

There are definitely double standards at play but you'd think they could put up with it for a couple of weeks. 

There always seems to be a handful of Americans looking for a excuse not to come. 

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

There are already quite a few committed to the Scottish Open and I would guess they'll have done so knowing the arrangements. 

There are definitely double standards at play but you'd think they could put up with it for a couple of weeks. 

There always seems to be a handful of Americans looking for a excuse not to come. 

Scott Hoch used to be the prime example