Golfers Thread

Gaz

7 hours ago, Proposition Joe said:

Hatton and Hovland out together today and tomorrow. Harrington looking at a potential partnership there I reckon.

Edit: Harrington is actually playing with them, duh.

Vice captain G-Mac out with Boab and Noren, who is a dark horse for a captains pick imo.

Also Luke Donald is a VC and is out with Stenson.

Hatton is all over the place and is as ever coming across as a bit of a dick. 

Hatton and Hovland out together today and tomorrow. Harrington looking at a potential partnership there I reckon.
Edit: Harrington is actually playing with them, duh.
Vice captain G-Mac out with Boab and Noren, who is a dark horse for a captains pick imo.
Also Luke Donald is a VC and is out with Stenson.
As usual at Ryder Cup time there will be no coincidence involved in that 3 ball. Guess Harrington wants to see how Hatton is playing and perhaps get a chance to get to know Hovland a bit better.

Andrea Pavan is a two time European Tour winner, but is now suffering from what is described as the driver yips. All over the place today at Wentworth.

This was from John Huggan just a couple of months ago.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/letter-from-europe-andrea-pavan-scottish-open-2021-struggling-with-driver/amp?__twitter_impression=true
Screenshot_20210909-173335_European%20Tour.jpg

**Fantasy Golf Week 35**

IMG_20210906_102649.jpg.efc0f3c4b70db58605580da46171b588.jpg

Patty Ice

Patrick Cantlay a.k.a. Patty Ice, a nickname he seems to have given himself, the big weirdo that he is, won the Tour Championship and a cool $15 million. No surprise really, seeing as everyone else in the field were giving him shots like he was playing in a Wednesday sweep.

A wee shout out to the girls for a sweet, sweet Solheim Cup win in the Yanks own backyard and to Nicolai Højgaard for making history by winning the Italian Open a week after his twin brother won on tour.

IMG_20210906_231416.thumb.jpg.324a1f51862c404fe7b2b75d1614d67b.jpg

Overall Standings 

@lichtie23 top scored for the 2nd week in a row thanks to Patty Ice. @die hard doonhamer had a decent week too though and becomes the first to break through the 2000 point barrier.

2035 @die hard doonhamer

1838 @lichtie23

1825 @Ro Sham Bo

1769 @Tartan Dave

1681 @peasy23

1560 @J_Stewart

1511 @Honest_Man#1

1491 @Proposition Joe

1464 @alta-pete

1390 @Mr Kane and the lemon cafe

1221 @Distant Doonhamer

The Race to Whistling Straits is almost over, with @die hard doonhamer looking like he's going to hold off the chasing pack. A huge week needed here for his closest challengers as next week's Dutch Open is likely to see a weak field.

1396 @die hard doonhamer

1265 @Ro Sham Bo

1253 @lichtie23

1215 @Tartan Dave

1174 @peasy23

968 @Honest_Man#1

927 @Proposition Joe

917 @J_Stewart

826 @alta-pete

799 @Distant Doonhamer

665 @Mr Kane and the lemon cafe

wentworth.jpg.0e50b01e695f6b2e5398920f346cad30.jpg

No PGA Tour this week, so all eyes are on the BMW PGA Championship. Wentworth is the venue, undoubtedly one of the top inland courses in the UK, situated in the Surrey sandbelt and designed by the legendary Harry Colt. A decent field here, with some scrambling for both places and form before Captain Harrington finalises his Ryder Cup team. It's also a 1.5x bonus point event.

sunningdale.jpg.21a7de7d191191bdbbfd248dc8f18ada.jpg

Incidentally, whilst looking for the above pictures, I've found out that Wentworth has been bought by a Chinese consortium who have put up the prices so much, that only the very, very, very rich can afford it. This has massively upset the merely very rich members here. What a terrible wee shame.

S03E01-WcOR7BZD-subtitled.jpg.00d9a994b7f76c5dbe44e2c535156493.jpg

2 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Bob MacIntyre shoots 3 under round today to get to one under which currently makes the cut. The cut predictor site I use is suggesting he’ll miss out though with cut ultimately at two under.

Yeah he's now currently outside the mark. 

Bob MacIntyre shoots 3 under round today to get to one under which currently makes the cut. The cut predictor site I use is suggesting he’ll miss out though with cut ultimately at two under.
Looks like Gallacher, Drysdale, Warren and Law are all in for the weekend. Forrest on -1 just now but has 17 and 18 to play so hopefully can pick up a shot or two.

Calum Hill hit a 67 but was too far adrift to get back near the cut line.

15 hours ago, peasy23 said:

As it stands, Weisberger would move up to 4th in the European points list for the Ryder Cup, leapfrogging McIlroy who drops to 5th. That then means McIlroy qualifies from the World Points list instead and bumps Lowry out the automatic spots.

I reckon this will be a pain in the arse for Harrington. My suspicion is that he was happy with Lowry in the team and picking Poulter, Garcia and Rose, with Weisberger missing out. Now with Lowry out of the team, he’ll likely get a pick meaning one of the above can’t get one.

Edited by Ignoramus

5 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

I reckon this will be a pain in the arse for Harrington. My suspicion is that he was happy with Lowry in the team and picking Poulter, Garcia and Rose, with Weisberger missing out. Now with Lowry out of the team, he’ll likely get a pick meaning one of the above can’t get one.

Definitely. Poulter and Garcia are certainties imo, with 2 or 3 players in with a chance of the 3rd spot. I can't see him not picking Lowry if he does end up out of the automatic spots.

39 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Definitely. Poulter and Garcia are certainties imo, with 2 or 3 players in with a chance of the 3rd spot. I can't see him not picking Lowry if he does end up out of the automatic spots.

If Rose finishes well this week that will make it even more complicated. 

If McIlroy had played this week I'm guessing a lot of this could've potentially been avoided. 

69 for Drysdale and 68 for Law today sees them both go to -7 in T25th place. If they can finish well tomorrow it would just about secure their cards for next year.

Yep big day tomorrow for lots of players. Media focus understandably on the Ryder Cup but lots of guys needing a good round tomorrow for other reasons.