Golfers Thread

Gaz

11 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

I've thought for a while Garcia and Poulter were certs, can't see him not picking Lowry.

Now I think Garcia and Lowry are definites and it's a coin toss between Rose and Poulter. Rose might have done enough to get the nod.

Yeah that's pretty much what I'm thinking. 

Played in the book medal this morning, 87 for a nett 70, once again managed to have nothing worse than a 6 on the card.

I had a gross 91 which was a counting score dropping off of my 20 this morning, so by my back of a fag packet reckoning I'll be down about another 0.5 to 16.1.

Two good rounds for me over the weekend. Medal yesterday and round in 79 for a nett 71. Played in sweep today and 37 Stableford points (17 points out and a very pleasing 20 back). No worse than a bogey in either round. Yesterday’s round just replaced a previous good score which fell out of my 20 most recent. Certainly a cut after today and reckon I’ll be down to the 7.2. Pleasing.

34 minutes ago, Proposition Joe said:

Westwood qualifying automatically is bad news imo.

The way both him and Hatton are playing atm is troubling.

I'd take Rose over Poulter too btw.

Agree with all of this. I'd then offer Poulter and Stenson the chance to join as assistants. 

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Not picking Rose is a mistake. Not sure that this won't be a Ryder Cup too far for Poulter. 

Poulter's form has been pretty good tbf. I'd have had him and Garcia ahead of Rose. Westwood and Hatton are the issues for me, but they qualified automatically!

I’ll be astonished if Poulter misses out. For me Lowry, Garcia and Poulter will be the picks. Tough calls for Harrington though.

Called it. Tough one for Rose but I think the 3 picks are the right ones. I think Westwood will be fine. Plenty of experience and won’t be phased by the event. Hatton I’m not so sure about.

1 minute ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Called it. Tough one for Rose but I think the 3 picks are the right ones. I think Westwood will be fine. Plenty of experience and won’t be phased by the event. Hatton I’m not so sure about.

Yip Hattons been in poor form for a couple of months now 

The ideal situation was Lowry in automatically, Westwood out. Would have given Harrington more room to manoeuvre. Happy enough with the rest bar Hatton's form. Weisberger will be fine.

I think we need to look at the qualifying process for next time.

I'd like to see 1 qualifying list and 4 captain's picks.

9 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Poulter's form has been pretty good tbf. I'd have had him and Garcia ahead of Rose. Westwood and Hatton are the issues for me, but they qualified automatically!

I think Harrington was obviously banking on Lowry fending off Weisberger. I would have all of the picks in over two or three of the qualified players but that's just the way it is I suppose. I bet we're up to 4 picks for the next time around.