Rugby Union

kiwififer

• 2 weeks later...

Were they ever out of it?

Some talking heads thought they were on the way to victory then the game started. The Wallabies will struggle, as my fingers, to win more than 1 game at home. Edited by Eednud

Some talking heads thought they were on the way to victory then the game started. The Wallabies will struggle, as my fingers, to win more than 1 game at home.

I'm no rugby expert but I thought the 12-12 draw last week was extraordinary result (for the Wallabies). I always had a feeling they'd get stuffed on Saturday and so it proved to be. NZ are just an awesome team.

• 2 weeks later...

Leinster came back to go 20-19 up with 5 minutes to go, but the Warriors kept battling and were eventually given a penalty right in front of the posts which Stuart Hogg put over to win it with the last kick of the game.

Talk about making things hard for ourselves! Game should have been dead and buried until Niko went into full liability mode. I actually thought he was really lucky at the end when the ref let us pull back that quick tap he took at the penalty. Looked to me like he had taken it.

2 good wins for the Scottish teams this weekend , hopefully they both have strong seasons, Glasgow should be top 3 at least and have a good chance of winning it after being so close last season, big improvement needed for Edinburgh but to win away in Limerick first game is a huge boost for them , Solomon is an excellent coach,well liked at Ulster ,with his guidance and if they avoid injuries I think a top 6 is a possibility.

Talk about making things hard for ourselves! Game should have been dead and buried until Niko went into full liability mode. I actually thought he was really lucky at the end when the ref let us pull back that quick tap he took at the penalty. Looked to me like he had taken it.

Aye I thought he had too, I don't think the ref was expecting it and I don't think he was ready so he got away with it. Just too impetuous, although admire his effort going for the bonus!

Glasgow shoulda had that in the bag. Terrible that they gave Leinster a sniff of a win, never mind having to steal it at the death after the first 40. Tired at the end, losing the centres was a blow which knocked the team and I don't think the low sun helped.

Pyrgos is not a good enough kicker- missed too many kicks, Hogg, Russell, Weir would have slotted. That would have seen us out of sight at HT, instead Leinster looked up at the score board after that second penalty and thought 'couple of converted tries and we have a chance'. Give a team like them that opportunity and they'll take it which they did although we contributed to it.

Edinburgh and Glasgow beating Leinster and Munster on opening days eh? Connaught the only Irish side to win too!

Rabbitohs (South Sydney) brilliant tonight thumping the Sea Eagles (Manly) 40-24 and through to NRL Preliminary Finals.

Scoreline doesn't really reflect how one sided this demolition was. Souths were 40-0 up after 60mins, took their foot off the pedal and let Manly score 24 pts.

Manly were utterly woeful. They have a few good players out injured, coupled with Foran and Watmough on report from last night, and I'd struggle to tip them beating Melbourne/Bulldogs. Souths look the real deal, it'll take a tremendous performance or the Roosters to stop them.

Edit: to stop over using the word "tremendous"

Edited by Swarley

Scoreline doesn't really reflect how one sided this demolition was. Souths were 40-0 up after 60mins, took their foot off the pedal and let Manly score 24 pts.

Manly were utterly woeful. They have a few good players out injured, coupled with Foran and Watmough on report from last night, and I'd struggle to tip them beating Melbourne/Bulldogs. Souths look the real deal, it'll take a tremendous performance or the Roosters to stop them.

Edit: to stop over using the word "tremendous"

Hopefully this will be the Rabbitohs year but ... Great result for the Panthers.

Great win away yesterday for Glasgow, two of the tougher fixtures to kick off the campaign and two wins so no complaints. Pyrgos seems to be a good steady scrum half and i'm sure he'll improve with increased game time.

Applied for some world cup tickets, disappointed with some of the pricing. Top band pricing for the game against South Africa is £175, thats almost as much as my season ticket at scotstoun!