Rugby Union

kiwififer

I’ve admitted in this thread several times before that I don’t know much about rugby, but to stop them scoring or even coming anywhere near scoring a try is phenomenal.

I honestly thought Finn’s missed kicks would come back to haunt us and we’d eventually give away the usual cheap penalty but it never came to pass.

Absolutely tremendous but watch us lose at home to Italy in the near future [emoji1787]

36 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Can't believe we're gonna beat them at Twickenham and Wembley in the same year. 

What a truly stellar year it's gonna be.

We've beat them at cricket and now rugby, time for the triple crown 

That was probably the best 80 minutes I've ever seen from the Scottish international rugby [emoji464] team, and I go back to the mid-60's.
I think credit is also due to all the English pundits and the commentators who called it honestly and without sounding patronising.
Definitely, been plenty games we've dominated or competed for 50-60 minutes that we've still managed to lose, first I can remember the team being right on it for the full 80. Feared the worst starting the second half a man down but we controlled the game superbly well.

That was glorious. Took the kids out to the park so tried to watch 'as live' on catch up, the stream froze at half time so had to missed about 20 mins of the 2nd half. Felt strangely reassured from the off with the way the pack was playing, and Redpath is a player and a half. 

I remember watching in 83, and also the last few minutes in 1985 when we had a 4 man overlap charging toward the line and somehow fucked it. Then drawing in 89, probably losing.a grand slam in 99 by a few points and a decent kicker, the 38 all game. Good to get that monkey off the back, a bit like Paris 95.