What Are You Drinking ?

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Tripel Karmeliet is the same. Head banger stuff

One of the Chimays is mental as well, is it the blue? About 9% IIRC.

Czech beer has its own scale, 10° is about 4% abv, 12° about 5%. those are the normal strengths you'll get with draught beer but I remember one of the times I was in Prague I got a bottle of Primator 16° which is about 7.5%

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I am on a Talisker Skye. Not as good as the 10 but still not bad for a NAS

I’ve had a bottle of that 90% full on the shelf for over 3 years now. Think it’s pretty rotten in all honesty and have been close to chucking it a few times. Keeping it solely for slightly smoky whisky cocktails now tbh.

11 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

You've changed!

How did you find it?

It was my Mrs who insisted on it. I didn’t miss it that much, I also drank lots of coke so was just swapping one vice for another.

Enjoyed having a couple but I’ll try not to go too crazy on it going forward.

15 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

This Westmalle Dubbel is dangerous. Doesnt taste the 7(?)% abv at all. Very very nice. Havent really explored Belgian beer much so trying to make a conscious effort to seek it out. Very pleased with this one.

I tried a Belgian beer called Trappistes Rochefort once, it weighed in at around 11% but had a sweet, caramel like flavour.  

I’ve had a bottle of that 90% full on the shelf for over 3 years now. Think it’s pretty rotten in all honesty and have been close to chucking it a few times. Keeping it solely for slightly smoky whisky cocktails now tbh.
I have tailored my expectations of these types of bottles I think, since I keep getting them as gifts. They are undeniably handy also to stop her making toddies out out of 21 year Glendronachs and the like

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
4 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:
Anybody recommend a decent American beer (from Tesco or similar) that I could get in to watch Trump getting kicked out? No hoppy, antiseptic craft shite. 

No

Well that's a bit anti-Septic!

Well that's a bit anti-Septic!
Theres Brooklyn Lager, but I think that may actually be under licence.

Other than that I genuinely cant think of my by way of American (non generic Bud/Coors shite) that you see in the shops.

Even most of the American styles are by Scottish and English breweries.

My suggestion would be that as long as you avoid funding brewdog, you are morally fine.

43 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Anybody recommend a decent American beer (from Tesco or similar) that I could get in to watch Trump getting kicked out? No hoppy, antiseptic craft shite. 

Some of Sierra Nevada’s beers are good if you can find them.