Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Well, FC Zurich won 3-1 but went down as a result of Lugano winning 3-0 at home to St Gallen.

Was a very strange atmosphere, up until Lugano scored their 3rd and news came through of it the place was still bouncing.

Players decided not to do the usual thing over here at full time, and did not come over to the ultras to take the abuse they merited for the season they have had. Right now they are probably wishing they had because a good hundred or so of the ultras got on the park and down the tunnel. As of about 15 minutes ago the players were barricaded into the dressing room and security were fighting a losing battle.

Looking forward to the papers in the morning to see if Rangers have released a statement on it.

The players were clearly goading the ultras. Totally deserved.

• 3 weeks later...

Went to Lochee United vs Sauchie at Thomson Park on Wednesday night.

A very one-sided game, it was 5-0 to the home side and 10-0 on aggregate, sending Lochee into the East Superleague

A decent crowd there of 250-300ish.

post-53871-0-91285600-1465772989_thumb.j

Now that I know the Aberdeen fixtures for next season I've started to look at trips for next season.

Just booked train tickets for to see the battle of the Thistles as Strathspey take on Buckie on the 6th of August.  Train from Aberdeen to Inverness and then to Aviemore where I can catch a bus to Grantown-on-Spey.  I leave Aberdeen at about 8:20am and won't be back until about 11:45pm.  Aim this season is to go to as many new Highland League grounds as possible.  I really like these kind of trips that involve a bit of travelling.

I'll probably be going to Edinburgh City v Montrose on the 17th of September since they caused my SPFL ground count to go from 41/41 to 41/42.

hoping to catch hibs and hearts(if they get through,sure they will) in Europa league at home in july along with Edinburgh city-Livingston.

now that the English fixtures have been released hoping to catch a wee something or two late august/early September as well

• 2 weeks later...

Currently in Northumberland om holiday and I'm at Ashington of the Northern League v Newbiggin in a preseason friendly. Lowland League standard but good to see somewhere different

I'll be in Budapest on the weekend of August 13th/14th and wouldn't mind taking in a game. Honved, Ujpest and Ferencvaros are all at home in that round of fixtures, though the specific dates of the games doesn't seem to have been determined yet. For anyone who has taken in a game in the mighty OTP-Liga, which ground, team etc. would you recommend going to and which is best avoiding? 

20 hours ago, vikingTON said:

I'll be in Budapest on the weekend of August 13th/14th and wouldn't mind taking in a game. Honved, Ujpest and Ferencvaros are all at home in that round of fixtures, though the specific dates of the games doesn't seem to have been determined yet. For anyone who has taken in a game in the mighty OTP-Liga, which ground, team etc. would you recommend going to and which is best avoiding? 

Tell them who you are. They'll be fighting over you and have you on the park doing the 50/50 draw. Maybe even a penalty at the mascot.

• 2 weeks later...
Got a ticket for West Ham's European game on Thursday. Looking forward to seeing how the Olympic stadium looks nowadays.

Hard to come by? Assumed that would be a sell out. Obviously it's still Europa league but first game there has to be a huge draw surely

Off to the Faroes next Friday for a few days. Should see at least 3 games but hopefully more as they are all on 3G with staggered kickoff times.

Edit - and a shameless plug for my blog which I hope to update from the Faroes trip. The last post featured trips to Munich.

Moving the Goalposts

Edited by The Mantis

Update from West Ham.

The Central Line is going to be hell for evening games - I came through at 4 to allow myself time for food and a wee wander round Westfield, which was rammed with folk in West Ham kit. Can only imagine how busy it will be at weekends with all the shoppers.

Stadium looks pretty good, but the name "London Stadium" is annoying me significantly more than it should. It's the fucking Olympic Stadium!

On 31 July 2016 at 19:06, Mark Connolly said:

Got a ticket for West Ham's European game on Thursday. Looking forward to seeing how the Olympic stadium looks nowadays.

Enjoy the game tonight Mark. 

I usually pick up the central line heading into London from my in laws so wI'll be much easier than the old ground. 

I'm down for the Liverpool game at Wembley on Saturday wish I'd noticed the West Ham v Juventus game on Sunday earlier it's sold out :(