Pregnancy And Parenting

Nail everything down.

Tv on wall, everything else high up. Baby gates at kitchen and man cave...

For someone who couldn't work out forwards, once he got it he's crossing rooms almost as fast as I can walk them!

Took Wee man on first plane today, alone. Mum drove ahead, we didn't fancy driving baby 8 hours to this cottage.

Airport went smoothly, he fed, watered and amused himself. Nappy changed just as boarding was called. So far so good.

Then he took a massive dump on the transfer bus to the plane. Changing a v soiled baby in a plane toilet cubicle while the stewardess is thumping the door telling you to get a shift on so we can push back is no doubt the most stressful holiday start so far!

He's having a ball now, it was all worth it. And... Relax!

post-28011-14451074493996_thumb.jpg

Took Wee man on first plane today, alone. Mum drove ahead, we didn't fancy driving baby 8 hours to this cottage.

Airport went smoothly, he fed, watered and amused himself. Nappy changed just as boarding was called. So far so good.

Then he took a massive dump on the transfer bus to the plane. Changing a v soiled baby in a plane toilet cubicle while the stewardess is thumping the door telling you to get a shift on so we can push back is no doubt the most stressful holiday start so far!

He's having a ball now, it was all worth it. And... Relax!

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1445107447.896559.jpg

I remember doing that once when our eldest was about nine months. Shat just as we took off (50 minute flight) and just after changing him, he done it again.

A pretty stressful flight.

We've taken the kids on a plane to France, Italy and Spain since the oldest was only 5 months, never had a big issue.

The boy, who was 17 months when we went to Barcelona in June was a bit more difficult. Wanted up to walk all the time. Didn't help that he was on my knee and I was squashed in next to pretty big couple who weren't happy with his antics.

The two girls (now 6 and 4) have always been fine, just packed loads for them to do in an easily accessible rucksack. One new thing for every 30 mins, colouring in, snacks, movie on a tablet, leap pad, dolls/soft toy etc.

Booked up for flights in to Pisa next year and the boy gets his own seat which will hopefully make it easier.

Don't think I would do a flight more than three hours with them though.