Quick Question Thread

3 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

JK Rowling is an awful human being so the simple rule I follow is to pronounce her name the opposite to how I pronounce the wonderful human being David Bowie's surname

I see her out riding sometimes and politics aside, she’s a solid wid in jodhpurs and riding helmet. 

22 minutes ago, Dele said:

There's one that always pisses me off and caught me out numerous times in school. 

Read. 

You don't have to read this, but now you've read this. 

f**k off. 

I was thinking of this earlier when I read 'Rowling'. Row has a couple of different meanings that are pronounced two different ways, as does excuse, live, tear, lead, close, use etc. 

English must be a c**t of a language to learn. 

Cough, through, though, bough, ought, tough ... how anyone can ever learn English is a mystery.

7 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I was thinking of this earlier when I read 'Rowling'. Row has a couple of different meanings that are pronounced two different ways, as does excuse, live, tear, lead, close, use etc. 

English must be a c**t of a language to learn. 

Edited by MSU

2 hours ago, MSU said:

Cough, through, though, bough, ought, tough ... how anyone can ever learn English is a mystery.

As Dave Gorman pointed out, Loughborough has two pronunciations in one word!

Recently discovered that my dad died at the in his 40's due to heart disease and it was sudden and symptom-less before it obviously wasn't. This has led to my missus basically freaking out and thinking that I'm going to die any second.

This is about to sound naive as hell; is there some sort of test to assess things? Is it worth having a conversation with my GP? Or, should I just basically try and keep healthy as normal and forget about it?

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Recently discovered that my dad died at the in his 40's due to heart disease and it was sudden and symptom-less before it obviously wasn't. This has led to my missus basically freaking out and thinking that I'm going to die any second.

This is about to sound naive as hell; is there some sort of test to assess things? Is it worth having a conversation with my GP? Or, should I just basically try and keep healthy as normal and forget about it?

Go and see the GP.

Thank you.

8 hours ago, L'immortale Par said:

I see her out riding sometimes and politics aside, she’s a solid wid in jodhpurs and riding helmet. 

By seeing her, you're infringing her right to privacy. I hope she gets planning permission to build a 12 foot wall around you now!

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Given the state of that first sentence , I think you should be having a conversation with your old English teacher

5 hours ago, A96 said:

Given the state of that first sentence , I think you should be having a conversation with your old English teacher

What a fucking dickhead you are.

10 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

10 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Go and see the GP.

Thank you.

This. Getting an MOT for your heart is pretty straightforward.

Mrs Boo's pronunciation at times, and that of her offspring and friends really get on my tits. It's like they are reluctant to speak normally and choose any alternative to a normally spoken word[emoji35]E.G. instead of school her son will say skill!!!

My late uncle worked at EDETA in Edinburgh and every new intake of engineering apprentices had to fill out a registration form.
One of the questions was “what is your skill ?”
Some laddie answered “Penicuik High”.