Quick Question Thread

Just now, welshbairn said:

It's the laziest way to cook them, do you prefer them raw?

It really isn't

Aside from having to time them, aside from having to guess if they're cooked the right amount or not, aside from them scalding you while you're trying to get the shell off - I don't know how anyone could be hungry, want to eat eggs, boil them and still be able to stand the thought of eggs after standing smelling them while they're taking the shell off. Howling. 

1 minute ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

It really isn't

Aside from having to time them, aside from having to guess if they're cooked the right amount or not, aside from them scalding you while you're trying to get the shell off - I don't know how anyone could be hungry, want to eat eggs, boil them and still be able to stand the thought of eggs after standing smelling them while they're taking the shell off. Howling. 

Hard boiled you can leave them till the pan boils dry and let them to cool in cold water for a minute before peeling. Soft boiled you just slice the top off and dig in. There's literally nothing easier 

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Hard boiled you can leave them till the pan boils dry and let them to cool in cold water for a minute before peeling. Soft boiled you just slice the top off and dig in. There's literally nothing easier 

But then I'd be eating cold eggs which might genuinely make nauseated enough to die.

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

It really isn't

Only reheating tinned food or making toast rank easier on the cooking difficulty scale. 

Baffled by the whole "taking the shell off" bit if they're hot as well. 

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

Only reheating tinned food or making toast rank easier on the cooking difficulty scale. 

Baffled by the whole "taking the shell off" bit if they're hot as well. 

A fried egg is quite clearly easier to cook than a boiled egg, because you can fucking see the result.

11 minutes ago, virginton said:

A fried egg is quite clearly easier to cook than a boiled egg, because you can fucking see the result.

I'm with my learned friend on this, crack egg into pan, fry it, lift it 

44 minutes ago, virginton said:

A fried egg is quite clearly easier to cook than a boiled egg, because you can fucking see the result

Easier to not over or undercook, granted. 

Cracking it into the pan, not sticking it to the pan and getting it out in one piece and on to plate/bread/ gammon etc are all additional steps that can go wrong. Given @Miguel Sanchez couldn't peel an egg without burning himself i don't want to encourage him to be around hot oil. 

I think my biggest problem is that eggs as food seems like the best idea in the world until you're actually cooking and eating them at which point you'd rather be doing literally anything else. Boiling them adds a level of aggravation that somehow makes it even less worthwhile.

Not sure if this is the right thread as this isn’t a “quick question” but here goes..

I got promoted in work two months ago, to assistant manager. It’s the first time I’ve ever been in a position where employees have looked up to me/have been my superior. I know all of them, and I’m on good terms with all of them, I just want some advice on how to go about being a superior to folk who I was on an even keel to.

i know the different/expectations of the roles, and I think I have the respect of everyone. I just want to not come across as a dick if I ever have to dig the team as a whole up. Any advice?

it’s taken me 7 years to get to this point and I don’t want to f**k it up. I love what I do and I take great pride in keeping everyone happy and my main mantra is making sure everyone wants to come to work with a smile on their face.

Edited by Karpaty Lviv