Quick Question Thread

Has anyone ever went private for healthcare treatment? If so, did you pay for a one off consultation or do you have to sign up to some kind of package? 

Saw the Doctor a couple of months ago (a lochum at that who clearly didn't give a f**k) who was absolutely useless in giving me answers and has referred me to a department I doubt will get me any closer to what the problem is. The wait time for my appointment is 6/7 months apparently. Not ideal. 

Seriously considering going private but don't know where to start tbh. 

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Has anyone ever went private for healthcare treatment? If so, did you pay for a one off consultation or do you have to sign up to some kind of package? 

Saw the Doctor a couple of months ago (a lochum at that who clearly didn't give a f**k) who was absolutely useless in giving me answers and has referred me to a department I doubt will get me any closer to what the problem is. The wait time for my appointment is 6/7 months apparently. Not ideal. 

Now the mod's chickens come home to roost. The man you want here is Dawson Park Boy. Not only did he and his wife go private all the time, but they were treated like royalty every time they went. 

19 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Your GP should be able to point you the way to a private option. You'll probably end up seeing the same person you would have in 6/7 months time, it's usually just paying to jump the queue. You shouldn't have to sign up for a package.

37 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Your GP should be able to point you the way to a private option. You'll probably end up seeing the same person you would have in 6/7 months time, it's usually just paying to jump the queue. You shouldn't have to sign up for a package.

I've been referred to Rhumotology and tbh I don't think that will be of any benefit. I'm more looking for another initial consultation. As I say, the locum Doctor couldn't get me out the door quick enough. 

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

I've been referred to Rhumotology and tbh I don't think that will be of any benefit. I'm more looking for another initial consultation. As I say, the locum Doctor couldn't get me out the door quick enough. 

I've been to that clinic too.

Having to get the ferry was a bit of a pain though............................

27 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

I've been to that clinic too.

Having to get the ferry was a bit of a pain though............................

I trusted predictive there. I won't lie, it was a better attempt than if I'd tried to spell it :lol:

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Not if you’re pregnant.

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

You might want to get that checked as as we well.

I trusted predictive there. I won't lie, it was a better attempt than if I'd tried to spell it :lol:

Went through a similar thing years ago where I’d reached the end of the line with tests etc at my GP surgery. Thought I was for the knackers yard but saw a private rheumawhatever consultant and did all sorts of lung and blood tests, got various steroid injections and a load of toxic drugs and it was life changing. 

7 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Went through a similar thing years ago where I’d reached the end of the line with tests etc at my GP surgery. Thought I was for the knackers yard but saw a private rheumawhatever consultant and did all sorts of lung and blood tests, got various steroid injections and a load of toxic drugs and it was life changing. 

^^^got worse 

7 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

^^^got worse 

Had to remortgage.

21 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I don't suppose you have a link or number to this? I trust it won't result in me almost dying any time I do some DIY in the house though?...

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Nick_Riviera.png

I don't suppose you have a link or number to this? I trust it won't result in me almost dying any time I do some DIY in the house though?...

https://www.spirehealthcare.com/spire-edinburgh-hospitals-murrayfield-and-shawfair-park/treatments/bones-and-joints/meet-the-team-rheumatology/

In the meantime, recreate the joy of steroid injections in hands and feet by taking a fork from the cutlery drawer and forcing it through your foot.

13 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

You'll end up paying a fortune for them to tell you to stop wearing shorts.