Quick Question Thread

(Roughly) how much does it cost to hire a coach with driver for a day? Nice ones ideally.

Really depends on size and spec. A cheaper way is probably to hire a 17 seat Transit (or similar, assuming the size will be sufficient) for around £95 a day and pay someone you know to be the designated driver.

Really depends on size and spec. A cheaper way is probably to hire a 17 seat Transit (or similar, assuming the size will be sufficient) for around £95 a day and pay someone you know to be the designated driver.

It's more for group numbers >20 folk I'm thinking about but cheers anyway. wink.gif

Due to me being a fucking idiot I managed to purchase 2 tickets for the Stone Roses at Finsbury Park that I don't actually need. My question is can I just cancel the order and have the money refunded or am I stuck with the tickets?

I could probably flog them at a massive profit nearer the time but ticket touts are utter wanks and I'd rather not lower myself to that.

Due to me being a fucking idiot I managed to purchase 2 tickets for the Stone Roses at Finsbury Park that I don't actually need. My question is can I just cancel the order and have the money refunded or am I stuck with the tickets?

Based solely on the number of junk emails I get from workmates, I'd imagine it would be the latter. sad.gif

Don't trust me though. smile.gif

Right need help here.

I am currently 'employed' by a recruitment agency. I was basically told yesterday that there was no more work at the job that they had sent me to and they would in the meantime try and find me something else.

What I am confused about is, am I entitled to Jobseekers Allowance or similar benefit during this downtime? Although I am still strictly under the employment of this company I currently have no work and thus they have no obligation to pay me. Im confused about this crossover.

Right need help here.

I am currently 'employed' by a recruitment agency. I was basically told yesterday that there was no more work at the job that they had sent me to and they would in the meantime try and find me something else.

What I am confused about is, am I entitled to Jobseekers Allowance or similar benefit during this downtime? Although I am still strictly under the employment of this company I currently have no work and thus they have no obligation to pay me. Im confused about this crossover.

Then you're not employed by them. Get on JSA.

Guest The Phoenix

Then you're not employed by them. Get on JSA.

Not quite as simple as that.

Sir Kevin can certainly apply for JSA, whether or not he is entitled to it is another matter altogether.

Ok fuckers, what is the best(free) site to use for downloading music to a laptop in order to transfer it to an MP3/iPod????

Thanks etc

If you don't want to embark on a life of theft and end up on a scummy scheme selling your body for crack, I'd suggest you follow the links suggested here:

http://www.whymusicmatters.org/pages/supporters-of-music-matters

Right need help here.

Not neccessarily no. If you were on a proper contract of any sort, and are still under that contract to them and are officially layed off (not paid off) then you are entitled to a nominal fee, plus (normally) one weeks wages. (One of my guys got just £25/week). After a certain amount of weeks though you can be asked to be paid off if you want. If you are officially unemployed then I think you are entitled to apply for JSA. If you ask them, they have to explain your options to you anyway.

Edited by Spain

Sir Kevin can certainly apply for JSA, whether or not he is entitled to it is another matter altogether.

You can be contracted to 15 hours a week or under so it's part time and still be eligible for JSA.

If you could prove that you're not being paid/working then you should get something.

Ok here's a scenario, someone sufferering badly with depression is off work and ends up being off for a long time. Now the ssp has stopped and they have to sign on even though the are still on sick leave. Can they apply for DLA or any other benifits until they go back to work?

Well I know you can apply but what can you expect?

You can be contracted to 15 hours a week or under so it's part time and still be eligible for JSA.

If you could prove that you're not being paid/working then you should get something.

This is what I took his scenario to be. I was in the same situation around 2004. There was paperwork to fill in but I got my JSA on weeks when I had no work.

Ok here's a scenario, someone sufferering badly with depression is off work and ends up being off for a long time. Now the ssp has stopped and they have to sign on even though the are still on sick leave. Can they apply for DLA or any other benifits until they go back to work?

Well I know you can apply but what can you expect?

You don't sign on if you aren't capapble of work.

What happens at the end of the 28 weeks of SSP?

If you're still unfit you keep getting medical certificates and make a claim for whatever incapacity benefit is called these days. If pay is now nil or reduced then you might be entitled to some means tested benefits ie whatever Income Support is called now and Housing/Council tax benefit. Best ask at Jobcentre plus for properly up to date info. DLA is unlikely you'd need to be seriously incapacitated to qualify.