Quick Question Thread

Cheers for that. I'll pop up to Buchanan Bus Station and buy my ticket from there.

I'm presuming you're able to buy it in advance. I.e. Tomorrow for two week time?

Even if you can buy it in advance (pretty sure you can't though), it won't guarantee you a seat and it won't make it any cheaper. Waste of a trip to the station if you ask me.

Usually when you buy a ticket, the outward part is only valid for the day of purchase anyway.

Edit: Or are you just one of these guys that refuses to take out any cash and just uses card for absolutely everything? tongue.gif

... or is using a stolen credit card? dry.gif

Edited by Hedgecutter

Got my first electricity/gas bill through since moving into my new flat. It was pretty much exactly what I expected in terms of cost, except there was around 100 euros added on for connection. Is this normal, or should my landlord be paying that? I know it could be different here compared to Scotland, but I'm just curious before I speak to her or pay it, I've never dealt with this kind of thing before.

Got my first electricity/gas bill through since moving into my new flat. It was pretty much exactly what I expected in terms of cost, except there was around 100 euros added on for connection. Is this normal, or should my landlord be paying that? I know it could be different here compared to Scotland, but I'm just curious before I speak to her or pay it, I've never dealt with this kind of thing before.

Was there a connection before and if so, have you made the choice to jump from what was there to a cheaper tariff with another supplier? If I did that, I'd be expecting to pay such a charge.

Don't think I've ever had to pay any connection charge after moving into any of my many newly rented flats over the years.

Was there a connection before and if so, have you made the choice to jump from what was there to a cheaper tariff with another supplier? If I did that, I'd be expecting to pay such a charge.

Don't think I've ever had to pay any connection charge after moving into any of my many newly rented flats over the years.

The flat had been unoccupied so there was nothing. The landlord organised it for me.

Even if you can buy it in advance (pretty sure you can't though), it won't guarantee you a seat and it won't make it any cheaper. Waste of a trip to the station if you ask me.

Usually when you buy a ticket, the outward part is only valid for the day of purchase anyway.

Edit: Or are you just one of these guys that refuses to take out any cash and just uses card for absolutely everything? tongue.gif

... or is using a stolen credit card? dry.gif

Nah it was just incase there was any benefit to buying it in advance, tis all.

Cheers for the help though, I'll just buy it on the day.

The flat had been unoccupied so there was nothing. The landlord organised it for me.

One for the landlord then surely. If it had to be reconnected then I'd guess he/she must have asked for it to be discontinued after the previous tennent left, hence their cost? Is there not a list of things you're responsible for in the lease agreement?

Tell her you're paying f**k all, then Kung-Fu kick her in the pie.

I'm going to a friends tomorrow night for some drinks, but I'm off the drink at the moment due to my tablets.

What do I take with me so I don't look like a prize fud?

Ta.

Yer Maw.

Tell her you're paying f**k all, then Kung-Fu kick her in the pie.

Yer Maw.

I'm going to a friends tomorrow night for some drinks, but I'm off the drink at the moment due to my tablets.

What do I take with me so I don't look like a prize fud?

Ta.

Take something you like drinking that is alcohol free, I bet no one will give a hoot.

I've often met with friends in the legion before a Mo game and had a tin of ginger beer because I've got the kids that night or I have to use my car, it's a far more enlightened time.

Take something you like drinking that is alcohol free, I bet no one will give a hoot.

I've often met with friends in the legion before a Mo game and had a tin of ginger beer because I've got the kids that night or I have to use my car, it's a far more enlightened time.

...until they start getting pished and doing your head in because you're stone cold sober.

...until they start getting pished and doing your head in because you're stone cold sober.

The initial worry was looking like a fud, I would like to think we are past that "look at that fanny no drinking" stage.

But yes your point is valid.

Stimpy, basically do what you want. If folk point/look/comment on the fact you are not drinking, then more fool them. Better to keep yersel right :)

Ok sensible answer done, here comes the usual.

Stay in , drink loads o energy drinks ans masturbate yersel into oblivion (think o the green dots man )

;)

That's dedication. Watching MFC sober.

Ffcsam, read back a page, we were giving deadstar advice on his impending sober night with friends.

Deadstar, whatever works man.

Lightgilphead, it can be difficult and not Normaly recommended.

On my iPod so no multi quote facility.