Quick Question Thread

I sacked a plumber today who basicly made an arse of a bathroom job i got him into do,He did a bit of work that was ok but not great.Should i pay him for it or just say sod off pal you are getting nothing?

I reckon he paid out about £50-70 in materials,Some of which have to get done again.Oh and so much for Rated People <_<

Edited by keithgy

I sacked a plumber today who basicly made an arse of a bathroom job i got him into do,He did a bit of work that was ok but not great.Should i pay him for it or just say sod off pal you are getting nothing?

I reckon he paid out about £50-70 in materials,Some of which have to get done again.Oh and so much for Rated People dry.gif

So you hired a plumber that spend £70 on materials, did ok, and you are wondering whether to pay him?

So you hired a plumber that spend £70 on materials, did ok, and you are wondering whether to pay him?

That was only for a wee bit of materials,I bought the rest of the materials that cost £800,I was quoted £890 for the job that was to take 3 days.I just don't want to be seen as a tight c**t and not pay him for the work that was ok.The ok bit was put a bath in.The rest was a nightmare and i have to pay another guy to come in and finish the job.

I reckon he paid out about £50-70 in materials,Some of which have to get done again.Oh and so much for Rated People <_<

^^^ Plumber will do a 'Levein' and get keithgy to pay the whole whack he would have got had he finished the job whilst he sits at home all day, feet up, brew in hand. "Ahhhhhh..."

That was only for a wee bit of materials,I bought the rest of the materials that cost £800,I was quoted £890 for the job that was to take 3 days.I just don't want to be seen as a tight c**t and not pay him for the work that was ok.The ok bit was put a bath in.The rest was a nightmare and i have to pay another guy to come in and finish the job.

Out of interest which part of the job did he/she do wrong? What scale of balls up?

In my experience most of the tradesmen in perthshire are terrible. If you want a good tradesman do it yourself.

Out of interest which part of the job did he/she do wrong? What scale of balls up?

In my experience most of the tradesmen in perthshire are terrible. If you want a good tradesman do it yourself.

Given that DIY SOS was made for me i don't even try ;)

The guy turned up 2 hours late on monday and only did 3 hours work before sodding off,Never came on tuesday causing us to cancel a joiner that was to work alongside him.Also his work was of poor quality and also turned up lat on wednesday as well.

Given that DIY SOS was made for me i don't even try ;)

The guy turned up 2 hours late on monday and only did 3 hours work before sodding off,Never came on tuesday causing us to cancel a joiner that was to work alongside him.Also his work was of poor quality and also turned up lat on wednesday as well.

Name and shame and P & B will remove him from rated people. Understandable to be livid, if you spend money to be fleeced by a work shy cowboy.