Quick Question Thread

You know on a Chinese Takeaway menu they do a half duck with pancakes for £13? Has anyone ever ordered it? It's on my bucket list and I'd like to hear whether I should be looking forward to it.

Yes, it's lovely. Sometimes you get half a roast duck, sometimes you get just the meat from half a duck shredded off the bone. You get your wee pancakes, spring onion, cucumber and plum sauce. I don't like the sauce, but the other stuff rolled up in the pancakes is delicious.

You know on a Chinese Takeaway menu they do a half duck with pancakes for £13? Has anyone ever ordered it? It's on my bucket list and I'd like to hear whether I should be looking forward to it.

I order it most Friday nights, off the bone and very tasty indeed. The sauce I get is hoisin sauce, which is lovely. The supermarkets do quite a good one also, sometimes on the bone, not as good, but still does a job

I order it most Friday nights, off the bone and very tasty indeed. The sauce I get is hoisin sauce, which is lovely. The supermarkets do quite a good one also, sometimes on the bone, not as good, but still does a job

Yeah the supermarket version might be worth trying before the restaurant option. If you like the supermarket one you'll love the restaurant one. I've seen smaller ones in the supermarket (Sainsburys?) where it's just a bit of duck and about six pancakes.

Right I'm off to have an early lunch. :ph34r:

Aye, it's brilliant. Sometimes the duck can be a bit chewy or a bit fatty but other than that it's lovely. I've never had it from a take-away, only from a restaurant (and China Buffet King) but I can't imagine it being too different.

Is there a way that you can get something that's recorded on your Sky+ planner onto a disc?

Used to be able to, on the page where the stuff is recorded there are options at the bottom, press blue for tv guide and all that. If you scrolled to the right while highlighting the programme there was a copy function. I think you needed a DVD recorder hooked up to the sky box.

If you google it I'm sure somewhere like digital spy will have the answer.

Is there a way that you can get something that's recorded on your Sky+ planner onto a disc?

Yep, just hook up to a dvd recorder.

I do it all the time although I don't think you could record those movies you have to pay for, boxoffice?

For normal programmes not a problem