Quick Question Thread

My sister and I have been up painting my mums new house all day (and heading back later tonight to do more) anyway, it transpires that one of us does the roller stuff then the "cutting in" with the brush whilst the other does the cutting in/edges first then uses the roller. Who is doing it right? Or does it really not matter?

My sister and I have been up painting my mums new house all day (and heading back later tonight to do more) anyway, it transpires that one of us does the roller stuff then the "cutting in" with the brush whilst the other does the cutting in/edges first then uses the roller. Who is doing it right? Or does it really not matter?

Cut in first

Always cut in first. You can't cut in after you've done the rollering until it's dried without risking leaning/falling against it but you can do the rollering immediately after cutting in.

Who said what?

Always cut in first. You can't cut in after you've done the rollering until it's dried without risking leaning/falling against it but you can do the rollering immediately after cutting in.

Who said what?

Cheers guys - heading up in a wee bit to do another couple of hours. Seems my sister was doing it right (which seems legit, as she tends to be more sensible with this type of stuff) lesson learned tho so later on I will do the cutting in bit first ???? Edited by Redhead81

Cheers guys - heading up in a wee bit to do another couple of hours. Seems my sister was doing it right (which seems legit, as she tends to be more sensible with this type of stuff) lesson learned tho so later on I will do the cutting in bit first ????

So, you haven't got the painters in?