Quick Question Thread

Is anyone keeping a running total of the souls lost in the Great Culling?

I'm starting to think that pruning the active poster list is a cunning plan to stop the site regularly shitting the bed.

1 minute ago, Tynieness said:

I can only see two banned as everyone else has shown an amazing level of cognisance.

Now I have a dilemma, the Mrs is nightshift, kids at their grans and I am pretty much working from home tomorrow.

The question is beer or no beer

That is not a dilemma. 

1 minute ago, Tynieness said:

I can only see two banned as everyone else has shown an amazing level of cognisance.

Now I have a dilemma, the Mrs is nightshift, kids at their grans and I am pretty much working from home tomorrow.

The question is beer or no beer

The answer is 'beer'.  In fact the answer is always 'beer'.  No need to thank me.

Anyone remember the memorial for the fallen comrades on the start screen for Cannon Fodder? 

You'd have a hill that would gradually fill up with wee crosses for every soldier in your squads that was killed and there would be a queue of new recruits waiting to sign up.  It was a lovely snapshot of how futile war was and how uncaring the Army was of its squaddies.

Anyway. We should have something like that for everyone eviscerated during Operation Beastee.

Just now, Tynieness said:

Fair point, trying to be good though.

You're right, though occasionally Rioja can be the answer.

Nah, the site would be boring then.

Yeah Rioja > beer any day of the week.

That said I'm sitting drinking a Sauvignon Blanc that we got out of ASDA for £3.15; just got the one bottle last weekend to try it but will be going back to stock up.  They do an Italian red for the same price which is also very drinkable, only problem is my wife will also drink that whereas she won't drink the Rioja; a mixture of good and bad news I suppose.

10 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

You crack me up, sir  :lol:

2 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Anyone remember the memorial for the fallen comrades on the start screen for Cannon Fodder? 

You'd have a hill that would gradually fill up with wee crosses for every soldier in your squads that was killed and there would be a queue of new recruits waiting to sign up.  It was a lovely snapshot of how futile war was and how uncaring the Army was of its squaddies.

Anyway. We should have something like that for everyone eviscerated during Operation Beastee.

Bizarrely, that was the mental image I had too  :blink:

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I'm hoping for a montage of those we have lost this year with some sad music like they have at the Oscars.