Quick Question Thread

7 minutes ago, Slacker said:

For anyone that's ever had to make a claim on their travel insurance - how long does it usually take to receive your compensation? 

I did the claim procedure about 3 weeks ago, nothing back yet.

2 hours ago, Mrs M said:

He's suggesting that you men let your dogs orally pleasure you and they may sneeze if the occasional pube tickles their noses.

I got whooshed by that too, but you were all over it remarkably fast...

2 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I got whooshed by that too, but you were all over it remarkably fast...

I worry about the way my mind works sometimes. Though Welshbairn's mind is probably slightly more concerning at this point.

10 hours ago, Slacker said:

For anyone that's ever had to make a claim on their travel insurance - how long does it usually take to receive your compensation? 

I claimed last year when the wife was ill and had to cancel 3 trips that we'd booked.

Insured through RBS account. Was very quick, 2 or 3 weeks max. Much quicker than I had expected

2 hours ago, throbber said:

The email from booking.com has said that the hotel may take the money out any time after the booking has been made! What fucking use is that?

You had the money in your account when you made the booking. Keep it in your account until they take it out (and earn a modicum of interest). 

You had the money in your account when you made the booking. Keep it in your account until they take it out (and earn a modicum of interest). 

I don't know about you I just prefer when the money comes out sooner so you can plan your finances easier, find it annoying as f**k knowing it's coming out when we stay at the hotel so might do what Jamie t suggests and phone hotel.