Quick Question Thread

3 minutes ago, calum_gers said:

I'm away for a mates wedding at the moment and one of the boys passports expires on Wednesday and there was no problem with him flying back, and why should there be.

^^^in before Brexit.

Can any of my Facebook friends help me with my memory here.

I was reading a Facebook post earlier about a couple of cars that had been stolen up in Bathgate. In the article were quotes from the police saying that it's always better to keep your car keys well away from your front door to stop cars from being stolen if someone breaks in to your house.

However I can *vividly* remember hearing advice from the one-time a few years back that in actual fact it's really *better* to keep your car keys near your front door - that way, if someone breaks in to your house, and sees the car keys, chances are they'll grab them and leave right away, buggering off with the car (which would be insured against theft, presumably).

If there's nothing immediately inside your front door for them to steal then they'll probably come further into your house where they might come into contact with your family, which could provoke further confrontation and risk of injury (or worse).

Can anyone else remember hearing similar advice from the fuzz?

3 hours ago, Gaz said:

I was reading a Facebook post earlier about a couple of cars that had been stolen up in Bathgate. In the article were quotes from the police saying that it's always better to keep your car keys well away from your front door to stop cars from being stolen if someone breaks in to your house.

However I can *vividly* remember hearing advice from the one-time a few years back that in actual fact it's really *better* to keep your car keys near your front door - that way, if someone breaks in to your house, and sees the car keys, chances are they'll grab them and leave right away, buggering off with the car (which would be insured against theft, presumably).

If there's nothing immediately inside your front door for them to steal then they'll probably come further into your house where they might come into contact with your family, which could provoke further confrontation and risk of injury (or worse).

No.

3 hours ago, Gaz said:

If you have a nice car, simply park it outside somebody else's house and let that family be murdered in a futile hunt for the keys.

No it isn't. 

Yes it is its in Paisley city centre.

Anyone from the west side of Edinburgh able to advise on a decent place to park for free to go to Napiers Merchiston campus? Happy to walk 20-30 minutes.

There may be spaces at the entrance to the campus.