Quick Question Thread

Is there a word or expression in English to describe the weird sensation you have when you take a drink of something and it's not the drink you thought it was going to be... e.g. drinking a glass of milk and it turns out to be orange juice?

Just now, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Is there a word or expression in English to describe the weird sensation you have when you take a drink of something and it's not the drink you thought it was going to be... e.g. drinking a glass of milk and it turns out to be orange juice?

Gadzooks?

Swing and a miss?

Swig and a miss?

Edited by Boghead ranter

Swig and a miss :lol:

Also, somewhat similarly, I had to put my doctor surgery's postcode on a form. As it's just round the corner from me, the postcode is very similar. You're instantly "surprised" at the similarity, then you realise that it was always going to be similar, but you still get the tiniest amount of gratification from this fact?

42 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Fuckaluckadingdong?

You'd certainly get a "siprise"

2 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Supercardinalgoesballisticthismilktastesatrocious.

How Middle Class are you?

http://www.westbriton.co.uk/how-middle-class-are-you-these-are-the-16-things-that-officially-make-you-posh/story-29748986-detail/story.html

I'd say there are four things on there that are the mark of a true skiprat rather than being posh, but the etiquette expert says otherwise.

Anyway - its a 0, zero, nada, null points from me. 

A 0 for me as well. I did used to have matching coasters but now I only have one as the pattern on the others peeled off so I chucked them out. I don't own a vacuum cleaner let alone a Dyson. 

Edited by DA Baracus

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

http://www.westbriton.co.uk/how-middle-class-are-you-these-are-the-16-things-that-officially-make-you-posh/story-29748986-detail/story.html

I'd say there are four things on there that are the mark of a true skiprat rather than being posh, but the etiquette expert says otherwise.

If only we hadnt got rid of the hot tub!!! 

47 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

BBQs

Fancy telly

Hot tub 

Nutribullet 

Are the four things I'd class as vulgar, rather than middle class. 

I've got a large hole (!) in my deck where the previous owners filthy sex bath used to be. 

IMG_20160927_192529~2.jpg

Edited by KnightswoodBear

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

4 me, but I disagree with some of it, I'm pigshit thick working class & proud of it! The TV, hoover (which is a Dyson) & coasters are all under 6 months old & I never stopped buying playing vinyl records.

Grimbo

17 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

I'll bet that half dead conifer tree could tell a tale or two.

Funnily enough the side of it facing away from the sex bath is absolutely fine. 

ETA: the wee white things on the ground are ping pong balls.  The mind boggles 

Edited by KnightswoodBear