Quick Question Thread

I've heard the steakhouse by the opposite side of central station to Argyle street is good, the name of it escapes me though.

Argyle street runs directly underneath central station, so I've genuinely no idea what side you're talking about.

23 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

17 (seventeen) fucking spanners in my toolbox, not one fits the nuts on the front wheel of my bike. :thumbsdown

Anyone got a loan of a shifting spanner?

Quick release wheels.

(If the bikes a cycle and not a motorbike)

5 minutes ago, bennett said:

Quick release wheels.

(If the bikes a cycle and not a motorbike)

Trying to get my old, mangled wheel off, so that I can put the quick release wheel from my old bike on :(

Capture.PNG.bc7bb2d07228ffa942ca625a5d888e1f.PNG

ETA - this is the wheel I want off, not the one I want to put on :lol:

Edited by Boghead ranter

18 minutes ago, throbber said:

When you said a football did that to your wheel I take it a ball caused you to lose control of your bike and you crashed into a brick wall?

I did a mad swerve, just missed the ball with the front wheel, but the back wheel went over it, bouncing the back of the bike up in the air and me kinda over the handlebars-ish. When I picked myself up, the wheel looked like that.

9 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

I did a mad swerve, just missed the ball with the front wheel, but the back wheel went over it, bouncing the back of the bike up in the air and me kinda over the handlebars-ish. When I picked myself up, the wheel looked like that.

Sweet Jesus i hope you were alright. 

I trust the owners/users of the ball pointed and laughed.

Think we've had something similar to this before. Easy and fairly cheap to sort it yourself, just tie up or tape the cut-out switch so it can't trip. There may be a slight smell of burning but that will soon disappear.