Quick Question Thread

7 hours ago, Aidan said:

I remember the subject being discussed before but I can't remember if there was an actual thread.

What's the opinion on age gaps? Got chatting to a girl at work the other day, and we are arranging to go for lunch and a few drinks next week. I'm 22 and she's about to turn 30 in a fortnight. Too much of a gap, or perfectly fine?

Pics or GTF.

8 hours ago, Aidan said:

I remember the subject being discussed before but I can't remember if there was an actual thread.

What's the opinion on age gaps? Got chatting to a girl at work the other day, and we are arranging to go for lunch and a few drinks next week. I'm 22 and she's about to turn 30 in a fortnight. Too much of a gap, or perfectly fine?

What the f**k is wrong with you? This is a rat and drainpipe situation. 

Remember to tell her you asked your internet pals about her and we all gave a ringing endorsement.

11 hours ago, Aidan said:

Its a twapp!

Nipped round to my dad's house last night to air the place out ahead of viewings today.  There was a Transit van parked across the driveway.  My mate stays up the road and I asked him to let me know if it was still there this morning, which it wasn't.  He's going to let me know if it reappears tonight.

What's the deal here?  The drive isn't being used at the moment, but I don't want folk coming to view the house with it parked across the drive.

Sit in your car, hand on the horn (steady). Whoever owns the van will appear, you give them abuse for blocking your driveway, they apologise, problem solved. That'll be £4.99 please

Nipped round to my dad's house last night to air the place out ahead of viewings today.  There was a Transit van parked across the driveway.  My mate stays up the road and I asked him to let me know if it was still there this morning, which it wasn't.  He's going to let me know if it reappears tonight.
What's the deal here?  The drive isn't being used at the moment, but I don't want folk coming to view the house with it parked across the drive.

Kick the van in the pie. Open the vans windows and turn the heating on.

2 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

It's either 'pedo imigrunts' looking to steal dogs or it's this;

fbi.jpg.38072fc24f7708e0c5fbbe8b577debe8.jpg

1 minute ago, throbber said:

f**k all wrong with a flat. You house w****r.

As long as you're happy, throbs, as long as you're happy.

I have a flat as well, btw, I just rent it out to other people.  Probably not like you, though. It is a big flat.

I have a flat as well, btw, I just rent it out to other people.  Probably not like you, though. It is a big flat.

I would rather a house with a garden but it wasn't an option as a first time buyer in Edinburgh. There aren't that many houses in the city comped to Glasgow. Two of my friends bought in Knightswood recently actually.

21 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Tory landlord found

Looking for working gloves that will last more than 3 months.
Use them mainly for lifting slabs and monoblocks etc.

Any suggestions welcome

http://www.screwfix.com/p/stanley-extreme-performance-extreme-impact-performance-gloves-grey-large/6064f

I use these for heavier building work slabbing etc and they are pretty good, I've had mines for a few months although I don't use them every day but they are still fine

Anyone else ever used Amazon's customer service online chat feature? I'm curious if you actually get to talk to a real person, because I swear the guy I just talked to was a robot, albeit a robot called Akshey. Which is suspiciously close to ASCII, thinking about it.

Me: I'd like to arrange redelivery of a parcel, and have it left with a neighbour, if possible.
AmazonBot: Hello Fat Dave. I am sorry that you want to arrange redelivery of a parcel. I understand that you would like to have it left with a neighbour if possible.
<keyboard silence>
Me: Could the driver leave it at #69 if I'm not in, please?
AB:I see that you would like to have the driver leave it at #69 if you are not in, Fat Dave.
<keyboard silence>
Me: Uhh...thanks for your help?
AB: Please close the chat window and complete the feedback survey copypaste flowchart blurb.

Is there some kind of reverse Turing test to determine if the artificial intelligence you're talking to is a human in disguise? Are Amazon preparing to unleash a Dundee warehouse full of Terminators on Scotland? Most importantly, am I ever going to get my fucking parcel?  :(