Quick Question Thread

19 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

I prefer The Crown. Always the chance of some entertainment in the style of chair throwing. 

I've been in their as well. Blackheath is a good place to "get away from London", while actually still in it.

Too often, I wake up and go to make my morning brew. And the milk has either turned itself into cream, or has gone off, or both. Not only is this a waste of milk, it means I have to go without caffeine. And then the solution hit me. 

Milk cubes. 

Take an ice-cube tray, fill it with milk, stick it in the freezer and forget about it till you need it. When you run out of milk, pop a couple in your tea. They'll melt instantly, and actually cool your tea down a bit quicker than ordinary milk. For those of you who don't eat cereal, you could even forego ordinary milk altogether. When a friend comes over and you ask them how they take their tea, they might say "Two cubes and one lump please". 

I honestly can't think of a drawback to this plan, except that it might make me OFTW. What do you think?

5 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Too often, I wake up and go to make my morning brew. And the milk has either turned itself into cream, or has gone off, or both. Not only is this a waste of milk, it means I have to go without caffeine. And then the solution hit me. 

Milk cubes. 

Take an ice-cube tray, fill it with milk, stick it in the freezer and forget about it till you need it. When you run out of milk, pop a couple in your tea. They'll melt instantly, and actually cool your tea down a bit quicker than ordinary milk. For those of you who don't eat cereal, you could even forego ordinary milk altogether. When a friend comes over and you ask them how they take their tea, they might say "Two cubes and one lump please". 

I honestly can't think of a drawback to this plan, except that it might make me OFTW. What do you think?

*Makes mental note never to converse with Cardinal Richelieu ever again

My fridge works fine. But the 1% milk is only sold in 2 litre jugs, and I don't usually finish it before it starts to go off. 

Just to expand on what I said, when you're making someone a cup of tea and they want milk - there is a danger that you give them too much or too little. But with your milk cubes, the person can say "2 cubes please", safe that they are going to be getting exactly the right amount of milk. 

This could be my Dragons' Den moment. 

11 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

My fridge works fine. But the 1% milk is only sold in 2 litre jugs, and I don't usually finish it before it starts to go off. 

Just to expand on what I said, when you're making someone a cup of tea and they want milk - there is a danger that you give them too much or too little. But with your milk cubes, the person can say "2 cubes please", safe that they are going to be getting exactly the right amount of milk. 

This could be my Dragons' Den moment. 

You're supposed to go onto Dragons' Den with an invention or idea that you can patent and make you a shitload of money. This is an idea that anyone could adopt now you've told us, costing them f**k all, and making you nothing. Plus you'll end up on the list if you do it anyway, so it's a lose/lose methinks your eminence. 

I'm out.