Quick Question Thread

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:

Has that Japanese lady started following Hibs now that Nish is a coach there as far as I know?

Cowden fans could tell more about this strange lady that apparently genuinely did exist.

I've no idea if she's following Hibs again, but I can confirm she did exist as I saw her when we played Hearts a few seasons ago. She's a lovely wee lady by all accounts too.

Rie was her name on here iirc

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Has that Japanese lady started following Hibs now that Nish is a coach there as far as I know?

Cowden fans could tell more about this strange lady that apparently genuinely did exist.

Yes. More specifically, their U14s. 

yup, @Rie

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

3 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I've no idea if she's following Hibs again, but I can confirm she did exist as I saw her when we played Hearts a few seasons ago. She's a lovely wee lady by all accounts too.

Rie was her name on here iirc

18 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Got a job ( 24 hours contract ) where basically I start at 5am n finish at 10 ( usually later as always stuff to be done ). Basically the company (every little helps) I can't stand, been back for 3 months as it was a safe job and a promotion. I want to move on but last time I left ( went to call centre ) I ended up back at tesco. Basically I've no idea what is best. The hours allow me to enjoy rest of day however getting up that early is brutal.
Looking at night shift work but I worry if I find a job that is night shift and I don't like it/can't adapt to it or whatever I don't wanna see myself back here again .

I feel your pain Gman, but what is your question?!

14 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Not entirely sure. Sort of just wanted it off my chest as the wife is fed up of me moaning about it. I suppose i feel lucky that i do have a job but now i have it and been in the job again for 3 months, i know why i left this company. 

IF i went for another job i would presume employers wouldn't like the fact i have jumped ship from a company after only 3 months. Basically since November i have been in 2 jobs which both i think are shit, at least with this job for now i can go in and do what i need to do then go home, but its bullshit

I'm the same boat. Left company last year, had a few jobs that were all shit and was unemployed for a while. Then my original company phoned me up and offered me a new job within the company. Luckily for me, I know and like the people. Just stick at it for now and keep your eyes open for something new. 

Re: your CV. Aye, if you keep jumping ship, then you'll need to get creative on your CV. You could say you spent 3 months travelling or looking after a sick relative. However, most people have had a job where they've only lasted a short while. Just try and turn it into a positive, i.e. I didn't stay at Company A for long because they didn't have the company culture and ethos that you guys have ... the tricky part, of course, is coming out with nonsense like that without wanting to die a little inside. 

Not entirely sure. Sort of just wanted it off my chest as the wife is fed up of me moaning about it. I suppose i feel lucky that i do have a job but now i have it and been in the job again for 3 months, i know why i left this company. 
IF i went for another job i would presume employers wouldn't like the fact i have jumped ship from a company after only 3 months. Basically since November i have been in 2 jobs which both i think are shit, at least with this job for now i can go in and do what i need to do then go home, but its bullshit

In a similar train of thought of needing a change, I'm starting to get a bit fed up...of being fed up really.
Works fine, not bad but could be worse. Live on my own which I'm good with. Private rent though so unless I can be very disciplined I never manage to save towards buying which isn't great.
Just having a bit of a period where I'm looking at myself and feel like I've f**k all to show for it. Nearly 10 years since I moved and still not sure why. Maybe just need a few days off and to visit family or something. Probably depression thread for this pish, sorry gman starred it!

7 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

Has anyone been to Cadbury's World and if so any good?

I took my younger two not long after we moved back south.  They were about 5&6 so it was a decade ago.  They loved it and I was ambivalent.  I'd reckon 8 is about the upper age for taking your kids.  I'd only go if you can get cheap tickets.

28 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

Many thanks. down in Oxford so looking for things to do and its only about 70  mins away, kids  7 and 9.

Within an hour of Oxford you could get to Legoland or Thorpe Park.  They both piss all over Cadbury World.  I've taken each of my three to Legoland and they had a brilliant time.  The MO is to arrive before the park opens and head to the furthest-away attractions first, ignoring all temptations en route.  You then work your way back and laugh at those queuing.

You're also about a hour from Whipsnade Zoo (bit of a cross-country route but a nice drive) but a thoroughly nice day out.  I take my crew about once a year - even at their ages.  We've yet to see the lynx!  If you're there in the afternoon the elephant walk is delightful.

Edit:  The Whipsnade sea-lion display is a laugh.

Edited by The_Kincardine

Got a job ( 24 hours contract ) where basically I start at 5am n finish at 10 ( usually later as always stuff to be done ). Basically the company (every little helps) I can't stand, been back for 3 months as it was a safe job and a promotion. I want to move on but last time I left ( went to call centre ) I ended up back at tesco. Basically I've no idea what is best. The hours allow me to enjoy rest of day however getting up that early is brutal.
Looking at night shift work but I worry if I find a job that is night shift and I don't like it/can't adapt to it or whatever I don't wanna see myself back here again .

Something like that would suit me maybe 3 days a wee to keep me out of trouble and stop Mrs Boo nagging me to get a job. Used to get up at 0440 every morning to start in Glasgow for 6ish!!

2 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

Something like that would suit me maybe 3 days a wee to keep me out of trouble and stop Mrs Boo nagging me to get a job. Used to get up at 0440 every morning to start in Glasgow for 6ish!!

One of the Four Yorkshiremen found.