Quick Question Thread

34 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Potentially a different move now. Could be going back to my old store. Find out this week, issue is I've been put through 6 weeks of management training and all its workshops etc and potentially I could move to another store. Am I being a c**t here ? I know if the manager finds out or once he does he will go off on one and won't be to pleased.

Your not working for his benefit, it's for your own. It might be a bit awkward at first, but most people are sound enough to realise that you need to further your career. 

I've got a question. ... driving up to Aviemore, there's quite a few places where there is two towers either side of the road and some netting strung up over the road ... I'll try and find a picture on Googlemaps but does anyone have any idea what they're for?

I've got a question. ... driving up to Aviemore, there's quite a few places where there is two towers either side of the road and some netting strung up over the road ... I'll try and find a picture on Googlemaps but does anyone have any idea what they're for?

Only thing I can think of is they are working above the road (are there pylons either side?) and it is to protect the road and road users from anything getting dropped

2 minutes ago, ajwffc said:

Only thing I can think of is they are working above the road (are there pylons either side?) and it is to protect the road and road users from anything getting dropped

Cheers, but I don't remember any pylons nearby and the nets don't look like they'd stop anything falling from height. Currently "driving" along the A81 to try and find a picture of one to see if you're right!

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

5 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

I'm not really furthering my career. If anything I'm going back down the ladder. Just closer to home n works well with childcare and the fact I don't like him at all. Just feel shit even contemplating the move ( have to wait n see) and he got me back into employment and a promotion.

Oh well. If you don't like him then it's his problem! Hope it all works out for the well. 

And in other news, still can't find a bloody picture of these stupid road nets. 

9 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

I'm not really furthering my career. If anything I'm going back down the ladder. Just closer to home n works well with childcare and the fact I don't like him at all. Just feel shit even contemplating the move ( have to wait n see) and he got me back into employment and a promotion.

Just tell him you thought the childcare care would work out but it's not, and you need to work closer to home. Not much he can say.

5 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Oh well. If you don't like him then it's his problem! Hope it all works out for the well. 

And in other news, still can't find a bloody picture of these stupid road nets. 

They're probably to safeguard road users from anything falling while overhead work is done to electricity supply.

Just now, welshbairn said:

They're probably to safeguard road users from anything falling while overhead work is done to electricity supply.

Aye, AJWFFC said that as well but I don't remember any pylons nearby. 

They could of course be bat bridges...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-34605886

Within an hour of Oxford you could get to Legoland or Thorpe Park.  They both piss all over Cadbury World.  I've taken each of my three to Legoland and they had a brilliant time.  The MO is to arrive before the park opens and head to the furthest-away attractions first, ignoring all temptations en route.  You then work your way back and laugh at those queuing.
You're also about a hour from Whipsnade Zoo (bit of a cross-country route but a nice drive) but a thoroughly nice day out.  I take my crew about once a year - even at their ages.  We've yet to see the lynx!  If you're there in the afternoon the elephant walk is delightful.
Edit:  The Whipsnade sea-lion display is a laugh.

I was taken to Thorpe Park when I was 9. It was great. Five Stars

Warning that was in the '80s so the recommendation isn't bang up to date

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Potentially a different move now. Could be going back to my old store. Find out this week, issue is I've been put through 6 weeks of management training and all its workshops etc and potentially I could move to another store. Am I being a c**t here ? I know if the manager finds out or once he does he will go off on one and won't be to pleased.

Let it go in one lug and oot the other, life is too short to get wound up by mentalists.

As long as you get paid at the end of week/month.

19 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Woke up this morning with a brainwave. Given that I don't remember any lecky cables nearby, could it be that they're temporary electricity cables? Is that a thing?

3 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Woke up this morning with a brainwave. Given that I don't remember any lecky cables nearby, could it be that they're temporary electricity cables? Is that a thing?

Going by your previous brainwave for milk cubes I think you should leave well alone.

6 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Going by your previous brainwave for milk cubes I think you should leave well alone.

I wasn't going to do anything. I just wondered what they were for!

But here's another question, do Dundee United fans ever sing songs with "Paradise" in the lyrics, and then change the word to Tannadice? e.g. "Take me down to Tannadice City" ... "This must be just like living in Tannadice" or "Another Day in Tannadice" ... 

5 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

But here's another question, do Dundee United fans ever sing songs with "Paradise" in the lyrics, and then change the word to Tannadice? e.g. "Take me down to Tannadice City" ... "This must be just like living in Tannadice" or "Another Day in Tannadice" ... 

Gangsta Tannadice?

Did you try cubes first then pouring the water on top? Feel like we only got half the results of your experiment.