Quick Question Thread

1 hour ago, Iminavest said:

Is it ever worth buying a one bedroom flat?

Yup. If you dont need second bedroom then you'll just use it to dump stuff in. 

Make sure there is storage if you're buying a one bed. A one bed without storage is a nightmare

Whether to buy a concession season ticket: Asking for a friend who turns 65 about 3 months after the season starts, but would it be acceptable to ask for a concession season ticket rather than pay for a full price one bearing in mind my friend will be eligible for the concession prices for about 3/4 of the season. It's not a question of cost (honestly) but he wants to apply for his ticket with a clear conscience that he's not diddling his club (which may or may not be QoS)

Whether to buy a concession season ticket: Asking for a friend who turns 65 about 3 months after the season starts, but would it be acceptable to ask for a concession season ticket rather than pay for a full price one bearing in mind my friend will be eligible for the concession prices for about 3/4 of the season. It's not a question of cost (honestly) but he wants to apply for his ticket with a clear conscience that he's not diddling his club (which may or may not be QoS)

Busted ;)

2 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Why don't you doesn't he pay at the gate until your his birthday, then apply for the concession ticket? Probably get a reduction as the season is partly gone.

27 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Why don't you doesn't he pay at the gate until your his birthday, then apply for the concession ticket? Probably get a reduction as the season is partly gone.

I'm sure  he has considered that option. He will no doubt make up the difference by only paying concession rates at away games. (Not that I could condone this)

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

1 minute ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I'm sure  he has considered that option. He will no doubt make up the difference by only paying concession rates at away games.

If he explained to the club they'd probably let him have the old c**t rate.

I had another thought after my previous post. You get issued with a free bus pass at age 60, so why do you have to wait another five years before qualifying for cheap admission to the football?

2 minutes ago, GordonD said:

I had another thought after my previous post. You get issued with a free bus pass at age 60, so why do you have to wait another five years before qualifying for cheap admission to the football?

I'm sure that's his thoughts exactly. 

Navigation - Male vs Female:

I read an article recently that made a sweeping generalisation about how males construct a map in their head and have a subconscious knowledge of where north is, as opposed to women who rely on landmarks to get around (e.g. latter being "turn right at the petrol station before Huntly for Banff, f*** knows the direction of Huntly after that"). This applies strongly to our household, but does it also apply to yours? Have you also constructed a map in your mind?

Navigation - Male vs Female:

I read an article recently that made a sweeping generalisation about how males construct a map in their head and have a subconscious knowledge of where north is, as opposed to women who rely on landmarks to get around (e.g. latter being "turn right at the petrol station before Huntly for Banff, f*** knows the direction of Huntly after that"). This applies strongly to our household, but does it also apply to yours? Have you also constructed a map in your mind?

Too much like hard work!! Twat nav on the phone for me.

18 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Because all football clubs are run by grasping, mercenary b*****ds, who wouldn't pish on you if you were on fire, without having you pay for the pleasure.

56 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Anyone roundabout Falkirk area had any experience of Studio 9 tattoos down at La Porte in Grangemouth?

Sounds like a convoluted back story here. Has the good lady been quizzing you about why you've been hanging about the docks at night and you've come up with some cock and bull story about getting a tattoo.

It'll probably be a cold winter. Would tell him not to bother committing for anything that far in advance. Pay at the gate until the new year at least.

33 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I plan to get a small tattoo from them, then plant a fake news story about them using needles with bad AIDS on them. It feels like my only option...

Also, tell Mrs Par to see her GP ASAP.

I'll give you a tattoo if you'd like? No charge. 

5 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Were French & Saunders the worst comedy act in history?

Please note: we're not including their solo work, just as a team.

Not in any world that included Cannon and Ball.