Quick Question Thread

Mr & Mrs Johnboy are off to Dublin for the weekend thanks to a special offer Ryanair flight from Manchester which is working out at less than £40 return in total.

Anyone got any suggestions for pubs worth a visit? We both love Irish traditional music.

Mr & Mrs Johnboy are off to Dublin for the weekend thanks to a special offer Ryanair flight from Manchester which is working out at less than £40 return in total.
Anyone got any suggestions for pubs worth a visit? We both love Irish traditional music.

Mulligan's
8 Poolbeg St
Dublin
DO2TK71
Ireland
+353 1 677 5582

And the bar at the end of the Guinness brewery tour is at the top of a tower with panoramic 360 degrees views

On 15/01/2019 at 22:27, Dee Man said:

Would second this. The missus and me took my parents there a couple of years ago and it was magic. The night took a slightly bizarre turn after we left when Neil Lennon appeared from behind a bush beside us. We tried not to let it spoil our night though.

5c3fb6e483108_veryinteresting2.jpg.15213032de6bec4e84db27610d75c080.jpg

Any particular reason for reaching that conclusion?

I was there for new year 10 years ago and thought it was shite, completely overpriced and tacky. The Guinness tour was alright i suppose but I wasn’t a fan of the city at all and spent an absolute fortune when there.

I was there for new year 10 years ago and thought it was shite, completely overpriced and tacky. The Guinness tour was alright i suppose but I wasn’t a fan of the city at all and spent an absolute fortune when there.
never been to Dublin but spent a few weeks in cork working and what you have said applies to it as well.

belfast is the bollocks though. hoping to go over again this year

Yeah I liked Belfast and I’m sure I’d like other parts of Ireland and would like to travel about there but I wouldn’t want to spend a second in Dublin if I didn’t need to be there.

I hate to bang on about how expensive it was but there is absolutely no way that a city of Dublin’s calibre should be as expensive as London/New York.

Yeah I liked Belfast and I’m sure I’d like other parts of Ireland and would like to travel about there but I wouldn’t want to spend a second in Dublin if I didn’t need to be there.

I hate to bang on about how expensive it was but there is absolutely no way that a city of Dublin’s calibre should be as expensive as London/New York.
cork was about 7/8euro a pint. i didnt mind that so much but the cost of eating out was ridiculous. im not talking about fancy restaurant dining but standard pub food like burger and chips

Not a massive fan of Dublin either, having been twice. Temple bar area is fucking horrible at night, full of utter fannies and any Irish I've encountered there seem to want to be bitter about all the foreign drunks taking up all the room.

cork was about 7/8euro a pint. i didnt mind that so much but the cost of eating out was ridiculous. im not talking about fancy restaurant dining but standard pub food like burger and chips

I haven’t heard a good word about Cork either so have no idea why it’s so over priced. Limerick is meant to be a shit hole as well.

3 hours ago, ah-dee said:

belfast is the bollocks though. hoping to go over again this year

I was going to suggest the Crown Bar to the OP.

Yes, I know he's going to Dublin but Ryanair will probably fly him to Belfast and bus the rest of the way.

2 hours ago, throbber said:

Limerick is meant to be a shit hole as well.

The Irish they call it 'Stab City'

The locals must be hard and quite gritty,

Dairs more to Ireland dan dis,

Hence I'll give it a miss,

As Limerick sounds rather sh*tty.

8 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Wishing I hadn't booked this now.

:(

Memo to self. Next time you fancy a weekend away, ask P&B first.

Whilst it's good to get advice/tips and that, it will be what you make of it.

Wishing I hadn't booked this now.
[emoji20]
Memo to self. Next time you fancy a weekend away, ask P&B first.

I have been to Dublin twice and had a great time both albeit with a squad from work and for a Scotland game.

The Temple Bar is what it is, a tourist trap. But you can still have a fantastic time there. Bit of snobbery kicking about here IMO.