Quick Question Thread

8 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Anybody else occasionally pour some vinegar into a bag of salt and shake crisps for an authentic home style salt and vinegar flavour?

I used to do that. 

When I was about 8. 

12 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Going to Glasgow next Sunday for some treatment at the Beatson on Monday. Gonna go out for dinner Sunday night but where should @Rugster take me? We are not fussy and cost doesn't matter. 

Is that the clap clinic?

Butchershop
Going to Glasgow next Sunday for some treatment at the Beatson on Monday. Gonna go out for dinner Sunday night but where should [mention=1852]Rugster[/mention] take me? We are not fussy and cost doesn't matter. 
I'll second this.

Took the wife here last year for her birthday, went for a few drinks then stayed in citizenm hotel.
The food in the Butchershop was absolutely fantastic, and the service was second to none.
Will definitely be back.

19 hours ago, GordonD said:

Is that the clap clinic?

West of Scotland Cancer Tratment centre

20 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
20 hours ago, Honest Saints Fan said:
Going to Glasgow next Sunday for some treatment at the Beatson on Monday. Gonna go out for dinner Sunday night but where should [mention=1852]Rugster[/mention] take me? We are not fussy and cost doesn't matter. 

Butchershop

We’ve been there. It’s fantastic. 

On 23/02/2019 at 17:13, Bairnardo said:
On 23/02/2019 at 17:12, Honest Saints Fan said:

Butchershop

That was going to be my fall back if I didn't see anywhere else! We've been once before and it was excellent.

Pub grub, I'd say Phoenix (if you like spicy chilli and uncontrollable chips). You've got places like Wee Mexico, Muchango and Mas for Mexican - you might be too early for Rancho Pancho. 

Cant think of a decent Indian near the City Centre. 

A few Italians though (Don Michele, Ciao Sorrento).

Get a brilliant Fish & Chips in the tailend. 

Basically, Perth Rd is your best bet. An array of decent food and pubs. Not too far from Train Station either.

Edit : Tailend might do mushroom suppers, soz.

Edited by Dele

Pub grub, I'd say Phoenix (if you like spicy chilli and uncontrollable chips). You've got places like Wee Mexico, Muchango and Mas for Mexican - you might be too early for Rancho Pancho. 
Cant think of a decent Indian near the City Centre. 
A few Italians though (Don Michele, Ciao Sorrento).
Get a brilliant Fish & Chips in the tailend. 
Basically, Perth Rd is your best bet. An array of decent food and pubs. Not too far from Train Station either.
Edit : Tailend might do mushroom suppers, soz.

Is that Indian tapas place on Perth Road still open? Always found that quite nice.

32 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Is that Indian tapas place on Perth Road still open? Always found that quite nice.

Mint? I've never been. I'd avoid Dil Se, there was one further up (Balaka?) that used to get rave reviews but think the owner died.

Rishi's is decent, I just hate looking out onto the Jahangir's (terrible, IMO) car park.