Quick Question Thread

40 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Just back from a weekend away in Manchester and my recycling bin, which was out for collection has been robbed. What's the firm here, steal a neighbours bin? My bin even had my house number on it.

@wunfellaff

50 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Just back from a weekend away in Manchester and my recycling bin, which was out for collection has been robbed. What's the firm here, steal a neighbours bin? My bin even had my house number on it.

Result! Now you can stop all that splitting up the rubbish palaver.

4 hours ago, Rugster said:

Cheers I think I’m going to go for the tomahawk I’ll let you know how it is. 

@Bairnardo     If you don’t go to that place tout de suite I will hunt you down and kill you. I consider myself quite a steak connoisseur and I have never tasted anything like that in my life. I could eat the whole thing again. Scallops to start, Tomahawk steak with chips, blue cheese sauce and the grilled king prawn option. Absolutely fucking delicious. I’m seriously considering putting the house on the market to move back down here. 

This is it before the sides were added. 

413DC42F-E077-44C3-A45B-19C38D0D7BC9.thumb.jpeg.921566866cbedb3d26618e96a1cb2914.jpeg

Edited by Rugster

7 minutes ago, Rugster said:

@Bairnardo     If you don’t go to that place tout de suite I will hunt you down and kill you. I consider myself quite a steak connoisseur and I have never tasted anything like that in my life. I could eat the whole thing again. Scallops to start, Tomahawk steak with chips, blue cheese sauce and the grilled king prawn option. Absolutely fucking delicious. I’m seriously considering putting the house on the market to move back down here. 

413DC42F-E077-44C3-A45B-19C38D0D7BC9.thumb.jpeg.921566866cbedb3d26618e96a1cb2914.jpeg

That looks fucking class. Much obliged sir. 

11 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Looks great but I’m never sold on putting tomatoes with steak. I love tomatoes and love steak but together the water in the tomato simply washes away the taste of the steak. 

Disappointing.  Medium-rare ribeye, tomatoes, mushrooms and béarnaise is almost as good as 'sausage stovies'...

[mention=68117]Bairnardo[/mention]     If you don’t go to that place tout de suite I will hunt you down and kill you. I consider myself quite a steak connoisseur and I have never tasted anything like that in my life. I could eat the whole thing again. Scallops to start, Tomahawk steak with chips, blue cheese sauce and the grilled king prawn option. Absolutely fucking delicious. I’m seriously considering putting the house on the market to move back down here. 

Where did you get that?

1 hour ago, The Naitch said:

Are there any decent restaurants in Broughty Ferry?

Sol Y 'Ombre for Tapas. 

Indos or Gulistan for Indian. I'd avoid Goa (foods nice but you always absolutely stink after leaving). 

Borgatoro and De Niro' s both get good reviews, although I've never been. 

A 5 minute trip to Monifieth gives you an amazing Thai restaurant. 

Edit : Collinsons gets good reviews, but I haven't been there either, bit too 'posh' for my liking. 

Edited by Dele

2 hours ago, Dele said:

Sol Y 'Ombre for Tapas. 

Indos or Gulistan for Indian. I'd avoid Goa (foods nice but you always absolutely stink after leaving). 

Borgatoro and De Niro' s both get good reviews, although I've never been. 

A 5 minute trip to Monifieth gives you an amazing Thai restaurant. 

Edit : Collinsons gets good reviews, but I haven't been there either, bit too 'posh' for my liking. 

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

The tapas is not bad
Gulistan is decent
Borgatoro is very good.
De Niro is decent
Collinsons never heard of.
Indos never been to.

The ferry dosnt offer an awful lot.
Borgatoro I'd probably choose.

Cheers lads. :thumsup2

Wedding present values (going for the full day in both instances):  how much for i) cousin's wedding & ii) friend's wedding?

£100 if you are going for full day, which you are, £50 if you are only going to the evening is my policy.