Quick Question Thread

28 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Big spoon of ant powder on the end on a long stick. I had to do that round a hole

You’d need to do that before pumping one of those rough ladies in cycling shorts you’ve been ogling.

I have just been offered a job which I did not interview for (and TBH dinna remember applying for but that doesn’t mean much)
There is an official contract of employment that I have had checked which looks “genuine” and ticks all the boxes for matching the company information from the website. It’s a significant pay rise.

Should RN sign and accept?

FYI company is Arthos Financial Services based in Germany, anyone heard of them?

Looks like you might need to borrow a Lotus and pick up a Pretty Woman if you want to do that job..

Spoiler

Arthos Corporate Finance GmbH & Co. KG is a corporate finance firm specializing in merger & acquisition, buy-out, financing, private placement and IPO advisory ...

Edited by supermik

My electric cooker has broken and my missus ordered a new one which is getting delivered tomorrow. She's arranged a pick-up of the old one but just realised she picked self-install by accident. It's pretty much a like for like cooker. Is it fairly easy to disconnect and connect up the new one? Any advice?

On 09/05/2020 at 18:58, Romeo said:

Remember the outstanding Germany world cup black and gold shirt?

Where could I get that?

s-l400.jpg.dd2507062994685505ec22fe40d48601.jpg

This one? 

16 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Is it fairly easy to disconnect and connect up the new one? Any advice?

YouTube it. It can be an easy job or it might, as I done to my mates when helping him flit, become a patience tester and you end up ruining it. 

If you were to bung the boy £20, he might fit it for you. Worth a try. 

29 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

My electric cooker has broken and my missus ordered a new one which is getting delivered tomorrow. She's arranged a pick-up of the old one but just realised she picked self-install by accident. It's pretty much a like for like cooker. Is it fairly easy to disconnect and connect up the new one? Any advice?

Your question started page1888 of this thread. 

Big team found!

50 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

If you know the type and model number you can probably find the manual online and that should (hopefully) have the installation instructions.

Edited by DA Baracus

1 hour ago, Speroni*1 said:

Turn off the power, preferably at the distribution/fuse board.

1 hour ago, Speroni*1 said:

Pretty easy mate, just make sure you isolate it at the fuse board. Have you got a screwdriver set?

32 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Pretty easy mate, just make sure you isolate it at the fuse board. Have you got a screwdriver set?

Yeah. YouTube'd it as Dele recommended. Only thing I don't have is a voltage tester (Which shouldn't be a problem if I've isolated it, right?)

1 minute ago, Speroni*1 said:

Yeah. YouTube'd it as Dele recommended. Only thing I don't have is a voltage tester (Which shouldn't be a problem if I've isolated it, right?)

Yeah, it won't be a problem if you have isolated it. 

It’s three wires, ensure supply switched off at breaker, or if it’s daylight & only for a short time, switch off at the input to the mains for added safety, then connect the wires in the same colour system as your old one. Piece of piss.

On 30/03/2020 at 18:52, Div said:

Our own version of the App is no longer being supported or developed I'm afraid.

There's a new release planned but that's now almost certainly going to be delayed.

Meantime download and install the free "Tapatalk" app from the Play store and it should hopefully resolve any issues you have. It will connect to our forum without any problems.

9 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

New question, just got a new phone and apparently the app no longer exists as I can find it in the App Store. Fars it gone?

6 hours ago, johnnydun said:

5 hours ago, Speroni*1 said:

0BD4438E-C2B5-46A3-84A9-0E5EB6BF5A93.gif