Quick Question Thread

There are some great avatars on here but I was just wondering why @pawpar has chosen to glorify the 3 teenagers convicted of killing PC Andrew Harper in their profile picture?

Screenshot_20201222-082214_Chrome.jpg.1d91a539202337abd063ba41db0e4817.jpg

Screenshot_20201222-082234_Chrome.jpg.3f1f2af381b2b49aebd9d269ec97e906.jpg

Seems a very strange and frankly disturbing and disgusting choice but maybe there is more to it.

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

13 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

What's the Christmas song with the sax solo type part in the latter half, and involves some wifey just shouting "Christmas!... Christmas!" in the background (I know that latter bit probably isn't much help)? Probably an 80s effort.   I don't particularly care for the song itself which I heard on the radio yesterday, but it's annoying me that I can't work out which film it features in... and now even more so that I can't even find the b*****d song to search with.

Eta: I'm now even more pissed off that my search that subjected myself to many snippets of shite songs on a '100 Greatest Xmas Songs' album has been a fruitless effort.   This song exists, and everybody will have heard it numerous times.  And how many Michael F***ing Buble Xmas songs does the world really need?

Is there a thread for Christmas presents this year? Got an early one; this lovely DAFC snood:

DBDEE2CA-E1A8-451B-993A-E24257C899BB.thumb.jpeg.35e9938045466b2147aba53f3f286c58.jpeg
Should see Falkirk one I got. Quite literally a rough cut piece of cloth, not fleece or anything, just stretchy cloth. Edges all frayed like it has been done with a pair of blunt scissors. Terrible.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
On 24/12/2020 at 20:27, Shandön Par said:
Is there a thread for Christmas presents this year? Got an early one; this lovely DAFC snood:

DBDEE2CA-E1A8-451B-993A-E24257C899BB.thumb.jpeg.35e9938045466b2147aba53f3f286c58.jpeg

Should see Falkirk one I got. Quite literally a rough cut piece of cloth, not fleece or anything, just stretchy cloth. Edges all frayed like it has been done with a pair of blunt scissors. Terrible.

258639DF-B654-4998-8F16-CB21EB28FA0D.jpeg

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Any suggestions for a good place to use a metal detector? The kids got one for Christmas, and it's not a toy one, seems quite decent. But where are good places to use it?

Broughty Ferry Beach. You'll likely find nothing but tat but it'll keep them intrigued. 

8 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Any suggestions for a good place to use a metal detector? The kids got one for Christmas, and it's not a toy one, seems quite decent. But where are good places to use it?

When you can come to the kingdom take a wander up the binn over the side away from the old telephone works there is a stone age carving you might find stuff there. Probably old beer cans but still.

Edited by 101

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

Just don't wear your steel-toecap boots when you're using it. Heard of a guy who did that on Portobello beach - he's thirty feet down and still digging.