Quick Question Thread

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

How does right to roam apply to farm tracks, particularly the 'aggregate with the grassy stripe down the middle' type that leads past (but not through) a farmyard?

Right to Roam means it’s all accessible unless for some specifically cordoned off reasons afaik. 

Should I be worried about the three fairly loud bangs/pops I've heard from my kitchen within the last hour? Do you know what could be causing this? I've had a look around and there's nothing obvious.

Did a quick Google search and it seems to suggest it's either to do with the water pipes or the fridge freezer. Everything appears to be working fine though...

50 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Does anyone know the best platform for buying and selling bitcoin? Id imagine there'll be differences in any commissions or fees from one platform to the next. 

Anyone on here have any personal recommendations? 

Coinbase due to the fact they’re not sketchy unlike the vast majority of exchanges. There are different issues at play with regard to their CEOs takes on things (depending on your viewpoint) but from a product point of view they’re legit. 

they’re also the easiest to let them deal with storing your Bitcoin etc. assuming you don’t plan/want to move it to a paper/hardware wallet. 

Edited by Netan Sansara

7 hours ago, hk blues said:

Whoa...I thought I had it and now you're saying it's equally likely to come out twice in a row as not?

Unless I've misunderstood your question, that's not what I'm saying.

If you have a bag with 50 balls in it, dipped your hand in and drew out, say, number 7, the odds on you drawing that number 7 were 1 in 50.

If you then returned that ball to the bag and the contents were shuffled sufficiently enough to ensure another pick was totally random, the odds of drawing that number 7 again is 1 in 50 once more.

Feel free to correct me if I've misunderstood your question but based my scenario above the maths checks out.

Some other possibilities that could be considered:

If you had a bag with 50 balls, the odds of picking the same ball twice in a row is 1 in 50 (because the first pick wouldn't matter)

If you had a bag with 50 balls, the odds of picking a specific ball twice in a row would be 1 in 2,500 (because the first pick would matter)

Only time I had anything more than half an hour was when they gave the free upgrade to Windows 10. Thinking about it 10 minutes max since.
I gave up after five hours. I've had waits of over two hours before. Suppose I'll have to go through it again next time I shut down though.

9 hours ago, Slacker said:

Should I be worried about the three fairly loud bangs/pops I've heard from my kitchen within the last hour? Do you know what could be causing this? I've had a look around and there's nothing obvious.

Did a quick Google search and it seems to suggest it's either to do with the water pipes or the fridge freezer. Everything appears to be working fine though...

Farting mice if you ask me

12 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

How does right to roam apply to farm tracks, particularly the 'aggregate with the grassy stripe down the middle' type that leads past (but not through) a farmyard?

Here’s the guidance:-

https://www.outdooraccess-scotland.scot/practical-guide-all/property/farmyards

And here are additional COVID considerations:-

https://www.outdooraccess-scotland.scot/access-outdoors-during-current-coronavirus-outbreak-guidance-public-and-land-managers

9 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

I always thought injections were 'jags'. There seems to be more talk of 'jabs'. Is this a new thing?

That's what folk call them down south.

A jag is very much a Scottish thing. Nobody would ever say they got a jag from a nettle in England. Not that they'd say that they got a jab from one either; that's just for injections.

35 minutes ago, Snobot said:

Cheers, although I found that initially and found it pretty vague regarding tracks.

14 hours ago, Gaz said:

Unless I've misunderstood your question, that's not what I'm saying.

If you have a bag with 50 balls in it, dipped your hand in and drew out, say, number 7, the odds on you drawing that number 7 were 1 in 50.

If you then returned that ball to the bag and the contents were shuffled sufficiently enough to ensure another pick was totally random, the odds of drawing that number 7 again is 1 in 50 once more.

Feel free to correct me if I've misunderstood your question but based my scenario above the maths checks out.

I'm shite at math but from what I understand the chances that any specific number will come out is 1 in 50 but the chance that that same number will come out twice in a row is 1 in 2500.  

It's like the probability that 1.2.3,4,5 and 6 will be drawn in the lottery - each one individually is as likely as any other but the pattern is not.