Quick Question Thread

17 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Today I lost my fourth hat in as many months.

In all seriousness I'm convinced my Mrs throws mine out after a period (of time). I've purchased about 15 and have no idea where about 10 of them are. 

Edited by 19QOS19

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

You should fit your next one with a chin strap.

I have a hard hat in the van and like to wear it on oil and gas sites where I know they are rewarded for grassing and act all Officer Doofy.

someone bothers GIF

14 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

In all seriousness I'm convinced my Mrs throws mine out after a period (of time). I've purchased about 15 and have no idea where about 10 of them are. 

I have a "Jack and Victor" style flat cap in Harris Tweed.  If Mrs Salt and Vinegar put it in the bin, she'd follow it!

Touch of class when you're out shopping, a Harris Tweed bunnet.

4 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I have a "Jack and Victor" style flat cap in Harris Tweed.  If Mrs Salt and Vinegar put it in the bin, she'd follow it!

Touch of class when you're out shopping, a Harris Tweed bunnet.

We're the opposite, my wife is always going on about getting me a bonnet. I'm resisting. Getting a bunnet is tantamount to digging your own grave.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Always good to ask for legal advice on here haha... we've been trying to get a hold of a lawyer who's been doing some work for my mum to get an update on the file for about 3 weeks now- I must have phoned on about 8 occasions, sent two emails and went into the office in person with a hand-signed letter last week which the receptionist (who was very apologetic) assured me would be looked at- the excuses on the phone are always "he's out of the office / he's working through his messages / I'll let him know you've called on a few occasions". My mum has also phoned twice and been fobbed off as well.

Other than just the shite customer service I'm wondering if he's made a bit of a bollocks of what he's doing. I don't really want to engage other lawyers as then the cost just starts to spiral but what the f**k do I do short of doorstepping him or putting a molotov cocktail through his window to get him to reply? Is there a complaints procedure?

edit: we've heard nothing for about 4 months, I've only started chasing it up in the new year though so I'm not being hugely impatient

Edited by Fuctifano

2 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Always good to ask for legal advice on here haha... we've been trying to get a hold of a lawyer who's been doing some work for my mum to get an update on the file for about 3 weeks now- I must have phoned on about 8 occasions, sent two emails and went into the office in person with a hand-signed letter last week which the receptionist (who was very apologetic) assured me would be looked at- the excuses on the phone are always "he's out of the office / he's working through his messages / I'll let him know you've called on a few occasions". My mum has also phoned twice and been fobbed off as well.

Other than just the shite customer service I'm wondering if he's made a bit of a bollocks of what he's doing. I don't really want to engage other lawyers as then the cost just starts to spiral but what the f**k do I do short of doorstepping him or putting a molotov cocktail through his window to get him to reply? Is there a complaints procedure?

This sounds like par for the course with lawyers.

7 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

edit: we've heard nothing for about 4 months, I've only started chasing it up in the new year though so I'm not being hugely impatient

Stand outside the office with a placard.

24 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Maybe contact the Law Society of Scotland for advice?

2 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

@mozam76 might be able to comment on this.

2 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

You've no idea how much this kind of stuff enrages me. 

In relation to complaints etc., the firm that your mum are using should have an internal complaints procedure. Details of it should be in your mum's Terms of Business letter, which she should have got at the start of the process. That would need to be followed first I would imagine before the SLCC would get involved.

I wouldn't worry too much about seeking another solicitors view on things - there will be solicitors around (we certainly do) where the first appointment is always free. You would find that the original solicitor would probably withdraw from acting if you sought advice elsewhere but it sounds like, in this case, that may be no bad thing. 

As an aside, from a personal point of view, that kind of wait for your mum and the inaction of the solicitor is woefully bad. 

3 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

I had the exact same last year. 

I emailed the senior partner Lee Wallacing the lazy little c**t and *boom* instant 5* service.