Quick Question Thread

4 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

At least nobody has suggested prayer.

The CoS isn’t big into that remedy. Seems only a ‘Murican answer these days for solving problems involving potentially killing things.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

The shite you post on here would.

Anyway no one has suggested the obvious solution to @Salt n Vinegar’s dilemma.  Sell the house, buy a flat.

Lateral thinking.

30 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

Horizontal thinking, surely?

Vertical, Shirley?

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

The shite you post on here would.

Anyway no one has suggested the obvious solution to @Salt n Vinegar’s dilemma.  Sell the house, buy a flat.

Lateral thinking.

Foxes are cunning b'stards. Wouldn't put it past them to bypass a controlled door entry system and use the fire exits.

2 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Foxes are cunning b'stards. Wouldn't put it past them to bypass a controlled door entry system and use the fire exits.

If they want you that bad you really should just submit.

5 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

One for the bird people:

Whilst in the middle of a large playing field where there can't be a nest within >100m, the swallows fly up to my dog, do circles around him, fly away and then come back for a fly-by.  At no point do they dive bomb us, but they purposely come close.

My question is: is this them playing and repeatedly teasing my lurcher for a chase, or are they feeling threatened for no apparent reason and just trying to divert attention.  

ETA: fwiw, the swallows are chasing each other now.

As your dog is running through the grass it will be disturbing insects, which fly up into the air….and the swallows gobble them up.

21 hours ago, Cairn Terrier said:

As your dog is running through the grass it will be disturbing insects, which fly up into the air….and the swallows gobble them up.

I remember walking up to a loch and all these dragon flies appeared from nowhere.  Bit unusual I thought, then walked up to the boathouse through some heather and all the daddy long legs got hammered when the flew up out if it.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder how hard it is to punch yourself as hard as you can. 

Maybe there's a self-survival thing that stops you doing it, maybe I'm just a big feartie, or maybe there just needs to be a substantial financial reward which nobody's offered yet.

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Maybe there's a self-survival thing that stops you doing it, maybe I'm just a big feartie, or maybe there just needs to be a substantial financial reward which nobody's offered yet.

Not quite punching yourself, but celebrating after a brawl at a junior hockey match, guy headbutted the glass…

IMG_0834.thumb.jpeg.2be3aaf0f8e4548eab90fe32bcf95b64.jpeg

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

If you mean in the face, I don't know. 

If you're stupid enough you could probably punch yourself in the balls quite hard. 

Although watching Scotland has the same effect. 

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

I used to have dreams where I was trying to do this but couldn't.

15 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Solo boxing? 

Not sure it will ever catch on.

21 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I used to have dreams where I was trying to do this but couldn't.

I still regularly have dreams where I have to pummel somebody, but can't - like there's some weird force field surrounding them.

We should team up for the world's worst Fight Club.

33 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I still regularly have dreams where I have to pummel somebody, but can't

... and then I hear ma old lady screamin' blue murder, shes saying, "thats no the ball yer kickin' ya eejit, its me!"

Just now, Swarley said:

... and then I hear ma old lady screamin' blue murder, shes saying, "thats no the ball yer kickin' ya eejit, its me!"

The first Mrs BFTD was big on cracking me across the chops "in her sleep", so I'd blame it on that were it not for the fact that I've had those dreams since I was a kid.

I presume it's something to do with subconsciously feeling powerless about something, which...duh!

21 minutes ago, Swarley said:

I slid in and cleared one off the line a few weeks ago and hit her an absolute beauty that woke us both up.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson