The New Raith Rovers Thread

I was meant to be playing 7's on an outdoor 4g pitch on Thursday night. We got a phonecall and was told the pitch was frozen so it had to be cancelled..

It doesn't guarantee to make it through frost either..

I dont suppose anyone spends money salting your amateur pitch so thats hardly relevant. An SPFL club would, if they wanted to, have gotten a 3G pitch (there is no such thing as 4G unless you are talking about mobile phones) playable down to about-4C but they cant prevent snow lying on them.

Yes, as I said, but it was extinguished before it was in any way damaged by one of Rangers own stewards. It certainly didnt ruin our pitch.

So I was right and you are just being thrawn.

A flare was thrown, it went onto the artificial surface and by your account it did no damage, highly unlikely.

So I was right and you are just being thrawn.

A flare was thrown, it went onto the artificial surface and by your account it did no damage, highly unlikely.

No you werent right. You said we had our pitch "ruined" by a flare. Something you made up or imagined. Certainly not something that happened.

No you werent right. You said we had our pitch "ruined" by a flare. Something you made up or imagined. Certainly not something that happened.

You are deviating from the point, the pitch does not end with a white line, the artificial surface received an unwarranted flare, which you agree happened.

Was it on the artificial material?

Yes, as I said, but it was extinguished before it was in any way damaged by one of Rangers own stewards. It certainly didnt ruin our pitch.

I cannot accept that an incendiary device caused no damage.

You are deviating from the point, the pitch does not end with a white line, the artificial surface received an unwarranted flare, which you agree happened.

I cannot accept that an incendiary device caused no damage.

You can refuse to accept whatever you like, fact is it didnt. And you are just wriggling while attempting to deflect from your clearly nonsense claim that plastic pitches at Falkirk and QoS were "ruined" by flares. Which is a frankly laughable claim.

It was less "ruined" than it was when an Airdrie player had a "toileting accident" during a development game and play was stopped until it was washed down.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

I dont suppose anyone spends money salting your amateur pitch so thats hardly relevant. An SPFL club would, if they wanted to, have gotten a 3G pitch (there is no such thing as 4G unless you are talking about mobile phones) playable down to about-4C but they cant prevent snow lying on them.

Oh dear if your going to come on here spouting pish like you are the font of all knowledge you'd do better if you actually had knowledge to start with!

http://artificialturfpitchreplacement.co.uk/new-surfacing/4g-astroturf-surfaces

So with us now unable to loan another player over the age of 21, it looks like it's going to be a youngster we get in on loan. I can only presume we went for Sutton but he was too costly, so had to settle for Longridge. Hopefully whoever it is is in in time for Saturday.

So with us now unable to loan another player over the age of 21, it looks like it's going to be a youngster we get in on loan. I can only presume we went for Sutton but he was too costly, so had to settle for Longridge. Hopefully whoever it is is in in time for Saturday.

We went for Sutton on loan after Longridge, according to this article.

I think this is why attention has turned to getting someone from England. I don't think cross-border loans count.

SD alert!

Surely we didn't make a mistake and go for Longridge before Sutton? I imagine we went for Sutton but, as Donny says, it didn't come to fruition because of Rangers and O'Halloran, and we then had to take Longridge instead.

I was under the impression we were going with the intent to bring them both in right from the off.

However as donny says, the Sutton deal has been derailed by Rangers coming in for ohalloren. Sutton was involved in St Johnstone game against Hamilton yesterday.

Wee Lewis is looking to be back in training next month guys. He's had the all clear from the doc down south last week and is champing at the bit to get going. There is interest from a couple of prem sides but he's loyal to Raith and will sign a new contract.

Hope you're right but I'll hold off any celebrations until he has signed a new deal.

If you have seen any of my other posts on him then you should know I know him mate. Rovers told him when he got injured they would look after them and he's wanting to repay that. Hopefully he comes back, fires in the goals for Raith and he comes to the Hibs and you get a decent fee. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in Wales though.