The New Raith Rovers Thread

Did that as well. I got confirmation my finance application has gone through but nothing about the ticket (premium super fan). I emailed the club just to be sure they have the application and I get the seat I want. Got confirmation back so assuming all good

I asked about that this week when I was picking up my play off ticket, I got my finance confirmation with a payment schedule last week and heard nothing from the club. When asked they said they were waiting for the confirmation and the money to arrive from the finance company and they'll ring me once they have to go and pick it up.

62 points is an incredible achievement considering that Hibs and Rangers are also in the league, its more than we got the season we finished 2nd to the Pars. In a normal season we would have been challenging for the title.

62 points is an incredible achievement considering that Hibs and Rangers are also in the league, its more than we got the season we finished 2nd to the Pars. In a normal season we would have been challenging for the title.

19 point gap between us and 5th place.

Did that as well. I got confirmation my finance application has gone through but nothing about the ticket (premium super fan). I emailed the club just to be sure they have the application and I get the seat I want. Got confirmation back so assuming all good

Didn't see an option where you could choose your seat.  Will have to email the club in the morning.

I've heard we are meant to be singing kevin mchatty..... If true it pretty much confirms McKeown will be away.

Also heard Aberdeen are looking at Connolly

It would be a good move for Connolly. The only chance we have of keeping him is if we go up, even then I think he will likely end up at a mid table SPL team.

McHattie is one tear into a three year deal at Killie, and we're not going to be able to match those wages. So unless Killie are so keen to offload him that they're giving him a pay-off, that seems unlikely.

Cheers. You'll understand if I don't wish you luck quite just yet..

But between us both, lets make sure we keep Hibs down..

Of course not.

I'd fancy our chances more against your lot as we've a decent record against you. We haven't beaten THEM this season yet.

Plus I like a trip to Starks Park.

Not sure where to start after reading some of the comments in the last few pages from certain posters (scary bear being the most prominant i think).  The way a few are writing on here its as if you were expecting Jurgen Klopp to be appointed once he's finished with Dortmund?  Funny that some Dunfermline fans as well putting down McKinnon because he's done 'f**k all' yet their vastly experienced managment team of Jeffries and Potter finished in the lofty heights of 7th this season 3 places behind Ray 'I've done nothing of note' McKinnon. :rolleyes:

As 'Steve has mentioned when Ray took over from Jim Weir, Brechin were languishing in the lower half of the table and didn't look like they knew their own team mates.  But after two weeks in charge (international break) Brechin got back to winning ways and Ray had the team playing for each other.  His strength is getting the best out of the players he had at the Glebe and this was epitomised with Bobby Barr this season.  In the first third of the season Barr was running hot and cold, when he played well, the team played well and vice versa.  Ray, Grant and Darren took him to one side to have a chat with him and from then on he's been one of our best players.  Depending on which guys are kept / still under contract at Raith and under performed last season I'm sure Ray and his team will get them working to the best of their abilities.  Your operating budget will no doubt be larger than Brechin's which will allow a better quality of player to be signed but he's got his contacts with Dundee United and Aberdeen so the odd loan player from higher divisions will help in departments that you're short in.

The season that McKinnon did badly in was plighted with injuries to key players (i think our lowest was naming 13 fit players with 3 injured guys being named on the bench!) but it was also hampered by releasing Gary Fusco and bringing in a couple of guys called Stuart Anderson and Alan Walker......now where did they come from i wonder! ;) Whilst they were more in the style that Ray wanted to bring into the midfield, at this level they failed miserably and moved on pretty sharpish.  Other than that, his loan signings worked well at this level, Darren Petrie, Kyle McAusland (before Dunfermline ruined him), Jamie Masson, Craig Wighton etc etc

With a full summer to assess the current squad and bring in some new guys I would like to think that Raith will be up the top end of the table even with the number of good quality sides in the division.

All the best to the Scottish Mourihno :thumsup2

Terrible to quote to myself from earlier but was i far off the mark when you guys swooped in and stole our manager? :P

All the best in the Playoffs 8)

Does anyone have any info on the Craig Barr situation? I've heard we have offered him a contract and I've heard we haven't. One thing is for sure - if he leaves he will return to haunt us in a different jersey next season.

Someone on Fannytalk said they asked Ray at the awards night re Craig Barr and was told we had offered him a deal and it's up to Barr what he chooses to do.

Announcement at 5pm regarding tickets so 12pm is something different.

A new deal for McKinnon is about the only thing I can come up with. Not sure what else would be so important it just has to be announced the day before our biggest match since 2011.